- 1 hr ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 16 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 17 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 17 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- Sports ONE Championship Dangal: How Arjan Bhullar became first Indian-origin MMA champion
- News Second batch of Russian vaccine Sputnik V arrives in Hyderabad
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Movies Radhe Overseas Day 3 Box Office Collection
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Gran Turismo is now an official Olympic-sanctioned event. The Playstation exclusive game, Gran Turismo will become a part of the first-ever virtual Olympic series. The virtual Olympics will also include other virtual sports like baseball, sailing, cycling and rowing.
This is a proud moment for the people behind Sony Playstation as Gran Turismo is the only motorsport game selected to represent racing in the Olympic Virtual series. Gran Turismo was first introduced in 1997 and it is recognised as a pioneer in racing simulation games.
The game was recognised by FIA in 2018 as the franchise has been running competitive e-tournaments for a long time. The Olympic Virtual series is scheduled to start by 13 May 2021 and end by 23 June 2021.
The new Virtual Olympics is a great platform for the Olympics to attract a younger audience and offers them a platform to represent their country in gaming. For the upcoming Olympic Virtual series, the International Olympic Committee will partner with five international sporting federations and game publishers.
The inclusion of Gran Turismo in the Olympic Virtual series comes as a surprise to many people around the world as the real motorsports events themselves are not part of Olympic Sport. All the participants around the globe will join virtually on the respective gaming platforms.
Participants can even join in from their houses which is a positive move considering the tough pandemic situations around the globe. The fans can engage in this Olympic Virtual series through the Olympic Channel.
Thoughts On Gran Turismo Becoming A Part Of The Official Olympic Virtual Series
The Olympic Virtual series will lend an opportunity to many gamers to represent many young-aspiring kids. It is also a great moment for some to represent their country and will bring a greater number of viewers into the Olympics.