- 35 min ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 14 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Sports There was no way we could stay in Pakistan after receiving credible threat: NZC CEO White
- News Punjab Congress crisis: CLP meeting deferred; Announcement on Amarinder Singh’s successor today
- Lifestyle Expert Speaks About Brain Exercises For Managing Alzheimer’s
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Technology Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G Color Options, Price In India Leak
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Gran Turismo is now an official Olympic-sanctioned event. The Playstation exclusive game, Gran Turismo will become a part of the first-ever virtual Olympic series. The virtual Olympics will also include other virtual sports like baseball, sailing, cycling and rowing.
This is a proud moment for the people behind Sony Playstation as Gran Turismo is the only motorsport game selected to represent racing in the Olympic Virtual series. Gran Turismo was first introduced in 1997 and it is recognised as a pioneer in racing simulation games.
The game was recognised by FIA in 2018 as the franchise has been running competitive e-tournaments for a long time. The Olympic Virtual series is scheduled to start by 13 May 2021 and end by 23 June 2021.
The new Virtual Olympics is a great platform for the Olympics to attract a younger audience and offers them a platform to represent their country in gaming. For the upcoming Olympic Virtual series, the International Olympic Committee will partner with five international sporting federations and game publishers.
The inclusion of Gran Turismo in the Olympic Virtual series comes as a surprise to many people around the world as the real motorsports events themselves are not part of Olympic Sport. All the participants around the globe will join virtually on the respective gaming platforms.
Participants can even join in from their houses which is a positive move considering the tough pandemic situations around the globe. The fans can engage in this Olympic Virtual series through the Olympic Channel.
Thoughts On Gran Turismo Becoming A Part Of The Official Olympic Virtual Series
The Olympic Virtual series will lend an opportunity to many gamers to represent many young-aspiring kids. It is also a great moment for some to represent their country and will bring a greater number of viewers into the Olympics.