- 11 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 14 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 17 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 18 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Gran Turismo is now an official Olympic-sanctioned event. The Playstation exclusive game, Gran Turismo will become a part of the first-ever virtual Olympic series. The virtual Olympics will also include other virtual sports like baseball, sailing, cycling and rowing.
This is a proud moment for the people behind Sony Playstation as Gran Turismo is the only motorsport game selected to represent racing in the Olympic Virtual series. Gran Turismo was first introduced in 1997 and it is recognised as a pioneer in racing simulation games.
The game was recognised by FIA in 2018 as the franchise has been running competitive e-tournaments for a long time. The Olympic Virtual series is scheduled to start by 13 May 2021 and end by 23 June 2021.
The new Virtual Olympics is a great platform for the Olympics to attract a younger audience and offers them a platform to represent their country in gaming. For the upcoming Olympic Virtual series, the International Olympic Committee will partner with five international sporting federations and game publishers.
The inclusion of Gran Turismo in the Olympic Virtual series comes as a surprise to many people around the world as the real motorsports events themselves are not part of Olympic Sport. All the participants around the globe will join virtually on the respective gaming platforms.
Participants can even join in from their houses which is a positive move considering the tough pandemic situations around the globe. The fans can engage in this Olympic Virtual series through the Olympic Channel.
Thoughts On Gran Turismo Becoming A Part Of The Official Olympic Virtual Series
The Olympic Virtual series will lend an opportunity to many gamers to represent many young-aspiring kids. It is also a great moment for some to represent their country and will bring a greater number of viewers into the Olympics.