- China To Develop High-Speed Bangalore-Chennai Railway Corridor
- Pune’s Tyre Killers To Be Removed Immediately — Police Calls Them A Threat To Public Safety
- DRDO Drone Crashes On Agricultural Land In Chitradurga While Being Tested
- Indian Railways Invests Rs 600 Crore In Maharashtra To Set Up Coach Factory And Generate Employment
- Faster Than A Bullet Train — Hyperloop One To Travel Between Mumbai And Pune In Under 25-Minutes
- Driverless, Self-Driving Vehicles In India - The Hi-Tech Robotic Systemz Limited
An aviation start-up led by a commercial pilot has received a boost in terms of finances and support, by the Government of Maharashtra. Amol Yadav who pilots a commercial airliner, shot to fame in 2011 when he built a six-seater aircraft on the terrace of his residence.
At the ongoing Magnetic Maharashtra Summit, the Government of Maharashtra signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) of Rs 35,000 crore with Amol Yadav's company - Thrust Aircraft Pvt Ltd. As per the MoU, the government of Maharashtra will provide financial and infrastructural support to Thrust Aircraft.
This is a huge win for Yadav and for the ‘Make In India' scheme, as the company would indigenously build aircraft. Amol Yadav has indeed worked hard for this day as he once struggled to get certification for his aircraft.
Considering that the aviation company founded by Amol could contribute greatly to the make in India project undertaken by the central government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi stepped in and helped Amol get the certifications and registrations require for his aircraft when the aircraft was displayed at the Make In India Summit in 2016.
After building his 6-seater aircraft, Amol Yadav and his company are working on a new 19-seater aircraft. Now with the MoU signed, Thrust Aircraft can expedite the development of this new aeroplane.
It is great to see indigenous development of aircraft in India. Kudos to the government of Maharashtra and the Make In India initiative for supporting and encouraging such projects. If Amol Yadav could build a six-seater aircraft on his residence's terrace, one can imagine what kind of development would take place with proper infrastructure and more than enough financial backup.
It is exciting to look forward to the aircraft that will be developed by Thrust Aircraft Pvt Ltd in the coming years. The aircraft manufactured by this company can possibly boost regional connectivity on a never-seen-before scale, as the small aircraft can connect all the small airstrips spread across the country.