- Kerala Floods 2018 — Facts & Precautions To Know While Driving Through The Flooding
- Driving Licence And RC In Digital Formats Valid — Transport Ministry Notifies The States And Police
- No Phone Calls While Driving For Bangalore Bus Drivers — BMTC Officials Pass New Instruction
- Porsche Centre Bengaluru Sells India’s First 911 GT2 RS – The Most Insane Modern Porsche 911
- Gujarat Might Follow ‘One Citizen, One Vehicle’ Rule Soon — Government Asks RTOs To Prepare Data
- Seven Days Jail Time For Drunken Driving: Goa Police Asks To Amend Motor Vehicles Act Accordingly
To many, flying cars are inventions which are still far away from actually being practically implemented as it can be potentially dangerous without proper infrastructure. According to Uber's CEO though, flying cars will become a reality as early as five years from now.
Dara Khosrowshahi, the chief executive officer of Uber Technologies Inc was addressing the gathering at an investor forum in Tokyo. He said he expected flying cars to become an affordable method of mass transportation as early as five years from now.
He also pointed at the commercialisation of the Uber Air flying taxi service within five to ten years from now.
Flying cars have been experimented with for ages now, with a few successful attempts like this flying car crossing the english channel and several other unsuccessful attempts. Now though, with major organisations like Uber stepping in, the development of flying taxis has started progressing rapidly.
If the CEO of Uber Technologies Inc would talk about flying taxis becoming a reality in five years' time, it would not be baseless hopes. It would be based on research and facts and figures. Flying taxis are definitely something to look forward to. However, we are not very sure it would be implemented in India very soon.