- 14 hrs ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- 17 hrs ago Ashok Leyland Delivers Light Bullet-Proof Vehicles To Indian Air Force: First Batch of LBPV
- 18 hrs ago According To The CEEW-CEF Report Nearly 1.35 lakh EVs Sold In India In FY2021: Here Are The Details
- News Climate change: 8 states remain highly vulnerable
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs RR Dream11 Team Prediction, Tips, Probable Playing 11 Details
- Technology Dogecoin And Its Rising Popularity Explained: How And Where To Buy Dogecoins?
- Movies The Lord Of The Rings Show With Amazon Prime Video May Cost $465M For One Season
- Lifestyle Ram Navami 2021: Powerful Mantras Of Lord Rama That You Can Chant
- Finance What is Demand Draft Validity Period?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Indian Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu flagged off the all new Medha train, which is the country's first 'Made In India' train on March 18, 2017 in Mumbai.
The train is manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) Chennai; the Medha train is equipped with the special three-phase propulsion system. Previously, the EMUs of Indian Railways were using either Bombardier or Siemens.
The Made In India train is special as it will save foreign exchange worth 50 lakh US dollars per EMU train along with 25 percent saving in the manufacturing cost. A single train with 12 coaches costs Rs 43.23 crore.
The Railway Minister of India also flagged off the Antyodaya Express between Lokmanya Tilak and Tatanagar. Prabhu said, "Our unreserved passengers should also get access to best-in-class amenities. Antyodaya, an unreserved New Train Product with enhanced amenities."
The Medha train is equipped with a high power Made In India three-phase propulsion system. The train is powered by Hyderabad-based company Medha Servo Drives. So the train is called Medha.
The train is equipped with in-built systems to minimise breakdown during travel. The train can reach a top speed of 110km/h. The first class coaches are equipped with cushioned seats, whereas the second class seats are made of stainless steel.
The stainless steel coaches of the train have easy to slide and light weight doors, LED lighting, ergonomically profiled seats with air suspension, GPS information system and modular roof-mounted force ventilation system.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING
MOST VIEWED CAR PHOTO GALLERY
Tata Motors is all set to launch the Tigor Styleback in the Indian market on March 29, 2017. Check out the photos of the compact sedan by clicking the gallery below.