- 2 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 3 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 4 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Sports Rohit Sharma smashes fifty in KKR vs MI, crosses few IPL milestones
- News MoS Railways Suresh Angadi dies of Covid-19
- Lifestyle If You Have These Symptoms, Your Headache Is Not NORMAL!
- Movies Kangana Ranaut: Bollywood Mafias Are Regretting Their Cruelty, Sadism & Silence
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Launched; Affordable Samsung Flagship To Tackle The Competition?
- Finance Gold May Hit Another Record High By Year End, Says Citi
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
Indian Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu flagged off the all new Medha train, which is the country's first 'Made In India' train on March 18, 2017 in Mumbai.
The train is manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) Chennai; the Medha train is equipped with the special three-phase propulsion system. Previously, the EMUs of Indian Railways were using either Bombardier or Siemens.
The Made In India train is special as it will save foreign exchange worth 50 lakh US dollars per EMU train along with 25 percent saving in the manufacturing cost. A single train with 12 coaches costs Rs 43.23 crore.
The Railway Minister of India also flagged off the Antyodaya Express between Lokmanya Tilak and Tatanagar. Prabhu said, "Our unreserved passengers should also get access to best-in-class amenities. Antyodaya, an unreserved New Train Product with enhanced amenities."
The Medha train is equipped with a high power Made In India three-phase propulsion system. The train is powered by Hyderabad-based company Medha Servo Drives. So the train is called Medha.
The train is equipped with in-built systems to minimise breakdown during travel. The train can reach a top speed of 110km/h. The first class coaches are equipped with cushioned seats, whereas the second class seats are made of stainless steel.
The stainless steel coaches of the train have easy to slide and light weight doors, LED lighting, ergonomically profiled seats with air suspension, GPS information system and modular roof-mounted force ventilation system.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING
MOST VIEWED CAR PHOTO GALLERY
Tata Motors is all set to launch the Tigor Styleback in the Indian market on March 29, 2017. Check out the photos of the compact sedan by clicking the gallery below.