- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Bangalore Police To Use Traffic Fines In Improvement Of Infrastructure For Motorists In The City
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV Will Not Launch In India Anytime Soon: Here’s Why
- 5 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launch Date Confirmed For India: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Sooraj Pancholi On Jiah Khan's Suicide: All That I Kept Thinking Was That I Lost Someone Who I Loved
- Lifestyle Funny Reasons That Only Mothers Can Give To Discipline Their Children
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- News How to check Bihar Open School Result 2019
- Technology Linksys Velop Tri-Band Mesh WIFI System Review: Outstanding Performance Backed By Strong Signals
- Sports Biriyani banned for Pak cricketers, but Kohli, Dhoni, Hardik follow stricter diet and fitness plan
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Indian Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu flagged off the all new Medha train, which is the country's first 'Made In India' train on March 18, 2017 in Mumbai.
The train is manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) Chennai; the Medha train is equipped with the special three-phase propulsion system. Previously, the EMUs of Indian Railways were using either Bombardier or Siemens.
The Made In India train is special as it will save foreign exchange worth 50 lakh US dollars per EMU train along with 25 percent saving in the manufacturing cost. A single train with 12 coaches costs Rs 43.23 crore.
The Railway Minister of India also flagged off the Antyodaya Express between Lokmanya Tilak and Tatanagar. Prabhu said, "Our unreserved passengers should also get access to best-in-class amenities. Antyodaya, an unreserved New Train Product with enhanced amenities."
The Medha train is equipped with a high power Made In India three-phase propulsion system. The train is powered by Hyderabad-based company Medha Servo Drives. So the train is called Medha.
The train is equipped with in-built systems to minimise breakdown during travel. The train can reach a top speed of 110km/h. The first class coaches are equipped with cushioned seats, whereas the second class seats are made of stainless steel.
The stainless steel coaches of the train have easy to slide and light weight doors, LED lighting, ergonomically profiled seats with air suspension, GPS information system and modular roof-mounted force ventilation system.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING
MOST VIEWED CAR PHOTO GALLERY
Tata Motors is all set to launch the Tigor Styleback in the Indian market on March 29, 2017. Check out the photos of the compact sedan by clicking the gallery below.