- 12 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- Movies Maanaadu Day 7 Box Office Collection: Silambarasan-Venkat Prabu’s Film Makes A Decent Impact!
- Lifestyle December Festivals 2021: Not Just Christmas, Here Is A List Of Auspicious Days In This Month
- Technology List Of Smartphones To Expected To Launch In December 2021
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Indian Railway Minister, Suresh Prabhu flagged off the all new Medha train, which is the country's first 'Made In India' train on March 18, 2017 in Mumbai.
The train is manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) Chennai; the Medha train is equipped with the special three-phase propulsion system. Previously, the EMUs of Indian Railways were using either Bombardier or Siemens.
The Made In India train is special as it will save foreign exchange worth 50 lakh US dollars per EMU train along with 25 percent saving in the manufacturing cost. A single train with 12 coaches costs Rs 43.23 crore.
The Railway Minister of India also flagged off the Antyodaya Express between Lokmanya Tilak and Tatanagar. Prabhu said, "Our unreserved passengers should also get access to best-in-class amenities. Antyodaya, an unreserved New Train Product with enhanced amenities."
The Medha train is equipped with a high power Made In India three-phase propulsion system. The train is powered by Hyderabad-based company Medha Servo Drives. So the train is called Medha.
The train is equipped with in-built systems to minimise breakdown during travel. The train can reach a top speed of 110km/h. The first class coaches are equipped with cushioned seats, whereas the second class seats are made of stainless steel.
The stainless steel coaches of the train have easy to slide and light weight doors, LED lighting, ergonomically profiled seats with air suspension, GPS information system and modular roof-mounted force ventilation system.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING
MOST VIEWED CAR PHOTO GALLERY
Tata Motors is all set to launch the Tigor Styleback in the Indian market on March 29, 2017. Check out the photos of the compact sedan by clicking the gallery below.