- 15 min ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- News It is Centre's responsibility to prevent gold smuggling: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Here's the probable India XI as 8 key players ruled out of remaining games
- Movies Mahesh Babu’s Next With Rajamouli To Go On Floors In Summer 2022?
- Technology Nokia T20 Specifications Leaked: HMD Global's First Tablet?
- Lifestyle Saiyami Kher Wears An Embellished Yellow Gown And Sets Some Festive-Wear Goals
- Finance HDFC Bank Offers Senior Citizens Up To 6.25% Returns On FD: Check Current Rates Here
- Education Kerala Plus Two Result School Wise And District Wise Pass Percentage
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
The Fast & Furious Toyota Supra has been sold for USD 550,000, which amounts to almost Rs 4.07Crore. The car was auctioned in Las Vegas and fetched this big amount. The Toyota Supra in question was previously driven by Paul Walker in both the first and second editions of the Fast and Furious franchise.
As expected, this particular Toyota Supra covered in acid orange paint sold for a remarkable price tag. One of the reasons for it to attract such a price is because this particular Supra has become the face of Japanese import cars globally.
This particular car also carries an emotional connection to Paul Walker and therefore his millions of fans around the world. The actor had used many other cars like the Subaru Impreza and Nissan GT-R in each instalment of the Fast and Furious franchise, but it was this acid orange Supra that fans most associate the character with.
In the Fast and Furious franchise, this car has been depicted as a'10-second car', capable of running the quarter mile in under 10 seconds. In reality though, this houses an almost stock 3.0-litre, Inline-6-cylinder engine and is paired with the stock 4-speed automatic gearbox.
Well, if this is confusing you as you remember Paul Walker shifting through gears manually in the movie, you are not wrong. The shifting through the many gears manually, was a clever movie trick used to engage the audience.
In terms of styling, the standout body parts include a Bomex body kit, TRD-style bonnet, APR aluminium rear spoiler, and a set of 19-inch Dazz Motorsport Racing Hart M5 wheels. This iconic Supra was built by Eddie Paul at The Shark Shop in El Segundo, California.
The car was brought back to its iconic form by the builder itself after the second edition demanded slight modifications. The auction was held by the Barret-Jackson Auction Company and this particular car was placed in the ‘no reserve price' criteria.
After receiving several bids, the iconic Toyota Supra sold for $550,000. This makes it the most expensive Toyota Supra in the world.
Thoughts On Brian O'Conner's Toyota Supra Becoming The Most Expensive Supra
A few days earlier, we had written about the famous Toyota Supra being auctioned. We expected this particular Toyota Supra driven by Paul Walker to go for a huge sum, and $550,000 is a huge sum indeed.