- 9 hrs ago Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- 13 hrs ago Skoda India Witnesses 17 % Increase In Sales - Kushaq, Slavia Continue To Perform Well
- 1 day ago 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- 1 day ago Aston Martin DBX 707 Launched At Rs 4.63 Crore - Bond's Family Car Is In India
- Sports Top javelin thrower Shivpal Singh handed 4-year ban for failing dope test
- Finance Post Office Saving Schemes Interest Rates Rise, Check Interest Rates Here
- News 'Adipurush' teaser review: A visually-arresting clip backed by solid BGM
- Movies Adipurush Teaser Review: Prabhas Embodies Lord Rama Completely In The Animated Epic Battle Of Good And Evil
- Education NTA Released ICAR AIEEA Result 2022 For UG programmes; Direct Link Here
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Lifestyle 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
A major fire broke out in an electric vehicle dealership and this has resulted in the death of eight people. This is the latest electric vehicle-related fire in the country. However, EVs didn't cause this fire. A short circuit in the building caused the fire and the EV batteries exploded because of the fire, therefore spreading the fire further.
Electric vehicles are the future and EVs are hailed as the saviour of the planet as they produce zero emissions at the tail pipe. However, electric vehicles have come under the scanner for several safety issues, and this is especially true of electric scooters.
India probably has the highest number of electric vehicle startups. However, very few of these startups are actually investing in research and development. Instead, brands are preferring to import an electric vehicle that already exists and then sell it in India with a different name.
As a result, we in India have quite a few half-baked electric scooters that aren't really suited for our tropical climate conditions. This has resulted in quite a few electric scooters bursting into flames due to overheating and the cell in the battery pack exploding.
In the case of this electric vehicle dealership fire though, the EVs themselves aren't to blame. The fire was caused by a short circuit in the EV charging station. However, the fire soon spread to the electric scooters inside the showroom and within no time, the cells inside the battery pack exploded and a raging fire was found.
The incident took place in the Ruby Pride hotel located in Shivajinagar, Secunderabad. The EV dealership that retailed Gemopai electric scooters was located on the ground floor while the four floors above it were occupied by the hotel.
The toxic smoke from the flaming batteries on the ground floor spread to the rooms in the hotel and overwhelmed those staying on the first and second floors of the building. The fire department was informed and the fire was put out. Those injured in the incident were shifted to nearby hospitals and up to eight people lost their lives in the incident.
Thoughts On Electric Vehicle Dealership Fire In Hyderabad Killing Eight People
Electric vehicles and the infrastructure they need are not as simple as they seem. These vehicles need more R&D than internal combustion engine-powered vehicles and many brands and their dealerships do not put in enough hours when it comes to the R&D. We still have a long way to go in the EV segment and these incidents are just proof that we're still in the nascent stages of EV motoring.