- 48 min ago New Yamaha Fascino BS6 Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago Ultraviolette F77 Electric Motorcycle To Be Unveiled Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Active Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Bollywood Actor Rajkummar Rao Purchases The 2019 Harley-Davidson Fat Bob
- Lifestyle How To Keep Your Spine Healthy As You Age
- Sports Sourav Ganguly will lead Indian cricket to prosperity: VVS Laxman
- News INX Media case: CBI keeping Chidambaram in jail to humiliate him, SC told
- Movies Kit Harington Says His Character In Marvel's ‘The Eternals' Will Look Like ‘Jon Snow'
- Finance How Does Faceless Income Tax Assessment Work?
- Technology PUBG Mobile New Update To Bring Halloween Mode, New Weapons, And More
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
- Travel Places To Celebrate Diwali In Karnataka
The Delhi government is all set to digitise its driver's license process at the RTO (Regional Transport Office) in a move that was recently announced. From the first of October 2018, the entire licensing function of all the RTOs in the state will be done online.
As the nation grows in technology and the user base of smartphones increases, access to the internet increases automatically. The Internet is supposed to make things easier for people and this move by the government of Delhi is certainly going to make things more convenient for the general public.
Thousands of new applications for driving licenses are received every month by RTOs in Delhi, and they were being processed manually till now. After the implementation of the new rule, all RTOs in the state will be accessible through the website set up for it.
RTOs across the country still take applications for the driving license and process them manually. This is being done even though the central government has built up a centralised software for this purpose.
The move taken by the government of Delhi will not just make life easier for those in the region, but also other parts of the country as other states too would follow suit. The 13 RTOs in Delhi will all be declared as e-RTOs.
It is not just the application for learners licenses and driving licenses that fall under this new rule. Around 11 services offered by the RTOs that were till now being done manually will now be done online. Even getting a registration certificate for your vehicle can now be applied for, online.
Recently, there was a controversy in which several driving licenses were being given to the people illegally. There is also a lot of corruption in our RTO systems and this move from the government will help curb corruption to a large extent.
This is because the physical exchange of money and documents will not be involved in the process any more. The new step would also make doorstep pickup of documents and doorstep delivery of licenses and registration certificates possible.
Thoughts On RTOs In Delhi Digitizing Services
As with any drastic new step, the new online services offered by the RTOs in Delhi has its own advantages and disadvantages. The Main advantage of the new online system is, convenience. It would allow people to apply for or change details in their transport-related document from the convenience of their houses.
However, what is convenient for some might be inconvenient for others. There still are a large number of illiterate people in India, and using phones and computers to apply for something as basic as a driving license could be a problem for them. The other advantage of this system is that corruption in the RTOs would hit a new low.