- 15 hrs ago Tata Punch Variants And Colour Options Leaked; Launch Likely To Be On October 4th
- 17 hrs ago New Force Gurkha Prices Revealed; Prices Start From Rs 13.59 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago MG Astor To Be Launched In Early October; Will Be Available In 7 Trim Levels
- 2 days ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- News Taliban bans barbers from shaving, trimming beards in Afghanistan province
- Movies Madhur Bhandarkar On 20 Years Of Tabu-Starrer Chandni Bar: Many Thought It Was A Cheap And B-Grade Title
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs DC, Match 41 Live Updates: Kolkata Knight Riders take on Delhi Capitals
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021 Discounts On Tecno Smartphones
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Finance Government Second Half Borrowing Calendar Sticks To The Script
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
- Education JNVST Result 2021 Declared For Class 6 And Class 11, Check Result Link
Maharashtra transport department introduces digital vehicle registration in the state. The new process makes registering vehicles a complete contactless process. FADA (Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations) has welcomed the decision made by the state government.
- Documents will be submitted online.
- Vehicle number will be generated after successful verification.
- Process valid for new vehicle registration only.
State Transport Commissioner, Dr Avinash Dhakane issued an order on June 8, 2021.
According to the official order, dealers will be submitting the vehicle registrations forms via the online portal. There will be no physical verification for the first registration of new fully built motorcycles and cars.
All documents will bear the e-signature of the dealers digitally. After successful registration of vehicles, the numbers are auto-generated at the dealerships. This means customers seeking a special number will still have to visit the RTO.
According to the statement released by FADA, they have been continuously in talks with the Maharastra State Transport Department to introduce the digital process. They have also provided inputs in making the digital vehicle registration process seamless and hassle-free.
Due to the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, there is a major need for digital and contactless services in the country. The new vehicle registration process is in line with the current times.
The digital vehicle registration process will also allow ease of doing business in the state. It saves time for the customers enabling faster and hassle-free delivery of their vehicles from showrooms.
Mr Vinkesh Gulati, FADA President, said, "FADA aims to make all the State's implement faceless and paperless registration. Towards this, the effort by the State Team is commendable as customers in Maharashtra will now find their vehicle registration process seamless. Moreover, this initiative of the Government will also help our dealer fraternity as they will be able to leverage technology thus helping them in ease of doing business."
Mr Amar Jatin Sheth, FADA Maharashtra State Chairperson, said, "FADA is glad about this development. We have always advocated the need for a faceless and paperless registration process. We are looking forward to when a customer will walk into a showroom and walk out with a vehicle with a registration number. That will be an ultimate customer delight! We are thankful to Dr Avinash Dhakane, State Transport Commissioner, for taking this step and bringing ease of operations to the dealership community."
Thoughts About The Digital Vehicle Registration Introduced In Maharastra
Vehicle registration sometimes can be a cumbersome process in India. Physical visits to the RTO along with tons of paperwork are needed to successfully register the vehicles in India. The new digital vehicle registration process introduced in Maharastra takes away all the woes of the dealer and customers making for a seamless process.