- 52 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir: Amit Shah speaks to Lieutenant Governor to take stock of situation
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Mahindra Thar 6x6 revealed by DC Design. Pune based automobile design studio, DC Design is back in the limelight thanks to a few sketches of a 6x6 concept vehicle based on the second-generation Mahindra Thar.
The new Mahindra Thar has been one of the most awaited vehicles in the country, and it did not disappoint. The vehicle is leaps and bounds ahead of its predecessor and has been well-received by automobile enthusiasts and purists alike despite the new Thar being less ‘mechanical' than before.
At present, the new Thar is the Mahindra vehicle in the country, and some variants of the new Thar have a waiting period of up to 12 months. Concept sketches from DC Design reveal that the modified second-generation Thar will have one additional rear axle and thereby two additional wheels.
Along with the Third axle, DC Design has stripped every exterior panel off the second generation Mahindra Thar and in its place are bespoke panels for a futuristic ‘Sci-Fi' look.
DC has also redesigned the interior, but not to the same extent as the exterior.
The dashboard is still recognisable, but DC has given the concept vehicle three AC vents in the middle in place of the two AC vents in the standard second-generation Mahindra Thar.
The cost of converting the Thar into a 6x6 is Rs 55 lakh plus GST at 28 percent. This brings the price up to just over Rs 70.40 lakh. In addition to this, the customer needs to hand over a brand-new Mahindra Thar that will then be modified into this brute.
The legality of this modification can be questioned. Customers will have to approach the road transport authorities in order to get approval for these modifications if the Thar 6x6 is intended to be used on public roads.
Thoughts On DC Design Mahindra Thar 6x6 Being Revealed
Whether the DC Design 6-wheel Mahindra Thar is a handsome looking hunk or not is up to one's personal preferences. What needs to be in focus is that the aftermarket automotive sector is one of the biggest industries in the world. However, in India, due to the existence of archaic laws, the industry is on the back foot.