- Sports India vs England 5th Test 2022: New Date, Venue; final match to be played during India's limited-overs tour
- Travel Gujarat's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Drops Only By A Tad Before Festive Season, On Oct 22, Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Amazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
- Movies Kundali Bhagya Spoiler: Preeta To Expose Prithvi; Sanjay Gagnani To Exit The Show?
- Technology Oppo Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers Oppo Smartphones
- News Fashion Brand Arainna Signs Mumbai Model Bhavna Panday As Its Brand Ambassador
- Education NEET MDS 2022 Exam Postponed, Check Revised Schedule Here
Mahindra Thar 6x6 revealed by DC Design. Pune based automobile design studio, DC Design is back in the limelight thanks to a few sketches of a 6x6 concept vehicle based on the second-generation Mahindra Thar.
The new Mahindra Thar has been one of the most awaited vehicles in the country, and it did not disappoint. The vehicle is leaps and bounds ahead of its predecessor and has been well-received by automobile enthusiasts and purists alike despite the new Thar being less ‘mechanical' than before.
At present, the new Thar is the Mahindra vehicle in the country, and some variants of the new Thar have a waiting period of up to 12 months. Concept sketches from DC Design reveal that the modified second-generation Thar will have one additional rear axle and thereby two additional wheels.
Along with the Third axle, DC Design has stripped every exterior panel off the second generation Mahindra Thar and in its place are bespoke panels for a futuristic ‘Sci-Fi' look.
DC has also redesigned the interior, but not to the same extent as the exterior.
The dashboard is still recognisable, but DC has given the concept vehicle three AC vents in the middle in place of the two AC vents in the standard second-generation Mahindra Thar.
The cost of converting the Thar into a 6x6 is Rs 55 lakh plus GST at 28 percent. This brings the price up to just over Rs 70.40 lakh. In addition to this, the customer needs to hand over a brand-new Mahindra Thar that will then be modified into this brute.
The legality of this modification can be questioned. Customers will have to approach the road transport authorities in order to get approval for these modifications if the Thar 6x6 is intended to be used on public roads.
Thoughts On DC Design Mahindra Thar 6x6 Being Revealed
Whether the DC Design 6-wheel Mahindra Thar is a handsome looking hunk or not is up to one's personal preferences. What needs to be in focus is that the aftermarket automotive sector is one of the biggest industries in the world. However, in India, due to the existence of archaic laws, the industry is on the back foot.