TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Operation Khanij Khoj: Why Opening Up Virgin Forests For Iron Ore Is Disastrous For Ballari
- Ayushmann Khurrana's Wife Tahira Kashyap Diagnosed With Stage 0 Breast Cancer!
- Facebook To Soon Unveil New Video Chat Device Called “Portal”
- What Causes Viking Disease And How Does It Develop?
- Agra Has A Red Taj Mahal! Did You Know About It?
- Ford Freestyle To Be Updated With New Features And Colour Option
Dilip Chabaria (DC) is synonymous with customising cars in the most luxurious and sporty avatar. DC then built India's first home-made sports car, the Avanti. The sports car made its debut at the 2012 Auto Expo in India.
Somebody in the UK have bought and registered a DC Avanti and it seems to be going places. YouTube channel ScootSuperCars has spotted a red DC Avanti along with a group of supercars leaving a car meet.
The India-made DC Avanti was seen rubbing shoulders with the likes of Porsche Carrera GT and the Ferrari Enzo among others. Considered a proud moment for DC as someone has actually bought and India-made sports car and drives around with the UK registration plates.
DC Avanti which is sold in India as well, commands a price tag of Rs 32.93 lakh ex-showroom. The sports car is manufactured at DC's plant in Talegaon, near Pune.
The DC Avanti is is built with a carbon fibre body shell and a lightweight space frame platform.
Under the hood, the DC Avanti is powered by Renault sourced 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol unit capable of churning out 248bhp and 340Nm of peak torque.
A 6-speed manual gearbox mated to the motor sends the power to the rear wheels. DC claims the Avanti can sprint from 0-100 km/h in flat 6 seconds before topping out at 180km/h.