TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Dilip Chabaria (DC) is synonymous with customising cars in the most luxurious and sporty avatar. DC then built India's first home-made sports car, the Avanti. The sports car made its debut at the 2012 Auto Expo in India.
Somebody in the UK have bought and registered a DC Avanti and it seems to be going places. YouTube channel ScootSuperCars has spotted a red DC Avanti along with a group of supercars leaving a car meet.
The India-made DC Avanti was seen rubbing shoulders with the likes of Porsche Carrera GT and the Ferrari Enzo among others. Considered a proud moment for DC as someone has actually bought and India-made sports car and drives around with the UK registration plates.
DC Avanti which is sold in India as well, commands a price tag of Rs 32.93 lakh ex-showroom. The sports car is manufactured at DC's plant in Talegaon, near Pune.
The DC Avanti is is built with a carbon fibre body shell and a lightweight space frame platform.
Under the hood, the DC Avanti is powered by Renault sourced 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol unit capable of churning out 248bhp and 340Nm of peak torque.
A 6-speed manual gearbox mated to the motor sends the power to the rear wheels. DC claims the Avanti can sprint from 0-100 km/h in flat 6 seconds before topping out at 180km/h.