- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 4 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 22 hrs ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 1 day ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- News COVID-19: India in talks with other countries for mutual recognition of vaccine certifications
- Movies Kate Winslet Hints 'Some Cool Ideas' For The Second Season Of Her Crime Series Mare Of Easttown
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Former Pakistan players hail India's historic Olympic hockey bronze medal win
- Education Tokyo Olympics: Wrestler Ravi Kumar Dahiya Wins Silver, Know 10 Facts About Him
- Finance Government Of India Amends Income Tax Act, Retro Tax Demands Nullified
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M32 5G Support Page Hints Imminent India Launch; Worth The Wait?
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani, Vidya Balan, And Nora Fatehi Flaunt Sarees; Whose Saree Did You Find The Prettiest?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
The fastest train in the world is now in China. According to Chinese state media, the country currently has the fastest train in the world with a top speed of 600km/h. With this high-speed train, a journey of 1000 kilometres, or the distance between Beijing to Shanghai would take just 150 minutes. This is a reduction of almost 30 minutes for the same journey via a flight.
Of course, it is a lot faster than other trains, reducing travel time by more than 3 hours when compared to other existing high-speed rail networks. The train used to achieve this feat is also very unique as it doesn't have any wheels. So, technically, the train flies or hovers very close to the ground rather than rolling with the help of wheels.
This is achieved by replacing the wheels and tracks with rows of powerful magnets. These magnets propel the train to move forwards at high speeds while having minimal friction. Since there is barely any friction between the train and the track, it can travel much faster than regular trains.
According to reports, the mag-lev train will bridge the gap between the current high-speed train that runs at around 350km/h, and aircraft that fly at 600kmph. Since the setup involves a unique mechanism involving the use of powerful and precise magnets, the cost is also very high.
Only a few countries like Japan, France, Spain, and South Korea use it. In China, the mag-lev project was initiated in 2016 and within three years, China had already conducted a few rounds of testing.
Thoughts On China Making The Fastest Train In The World
Almost all of the train and its components have been indigenously developed by the Chinese. This is yet another testimony to China's engineering prowess. We certainly see this train bridging the gap between other high-speed trains and aircraft. Pricing for a ticket though, is said to be at a premium.
Image Source: China Xinhua News And China News