- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 23 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- News No decision to discontinue printing of Rs 2,000 note: Govt
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The Chennai Police Department has found a very unique way of ensuring people living in containment zones in the city are following all the lockdown regulations. The city police have taken the support of multiple entities to build a functional robot, called the 'Robot Cop LD'.
This ‘Robot Cop LD' is the product of a collaboration between three Chennai-based entities: Robothoughts (customised robot builder), Sci-Fi Innovation (builds 3D hologram fans) and Callidai Motorworks (builds motorised wheelchairs).
The four-wheeler is a remote-controlled robot capable of travelling up to a kilometre using wireless connectivity. The robot is being used by the Chennai police by sending it inside containment zones. This allows the police to perform their jobs, without the need of physically entering the zones themselves. This further ensures the elimination of any health risk to any personnel of the city police department.
The four-wheeled robot is able to complete a number of tasks and objectives for the Chennai city police. Some of these include surveillance, ground-level policing and even communication with the locals.
The robot comes mounted with a camera and a two-way intercom system. This allows the police personnel controlling the robot to perform surveillance and make any public announcements necessary. Having a two-way intercom also helps people in these zones communicate with the police for any requirements.
The robot also comes equipped with an LED display, which helps push out messages. The Robot Cop LD is also said to have features like precise steering control. This allows police personnel to control the robot while standing behind the barricade.
The COVID-19 cases in India are still on the rise. The country has already registered over 40,000 confirmed cases, even with India being under lockdown since the 24th of March 2020.The central government recently announced a further extension of the lockdown for 2 more weeks.
However, this time there are a few relaxations in place for areas categorised as either green or orange zones. The areas in the red zones will continue to be under strict lockdown, with minimal movement allowed.
Thoughts About Chennai Police Using Robot Cop LD In Containment Zones
The Robot Cop LD is a very unique way of ensuring the safety and wellbeing of police personnel in charge of looking after containment zones in the city. The robot does all the work for the cops, eliminating the need for any person to enter the containment zones physically.