- 14 hrs ago Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Vs TVS Ronin - Design, Features, Powertrain, Price & More
- 1 day ago 2022 Yamaha Aerox 155 MotoGP Edition Launched At Rs 1.41 Lakh
- 1 day ago 5 New Car Launches In The Coming Weeks - Grand Vitara, MG Hector Facelift & More
- 1 day ago Tata Nexon EV Max Becomes First Electric Car To Reach Umling La - The World’s Highest Motorable Road
- Sports MCC says run-out decision in India vs England women's match "properly" made
- News Mukul Rohatgi turns down Centre's offer to be next Attorney General
- Movies Raju Srivastava Demise: Family & Friends Honour The Late Comedian At Prayer Meet Held In Mumbai
- Finance 'Housing.com' To Hire About 200 People in FY'23; To Invest in Technology, Brand Promotion
- Travel Weh: Sumatra's Prime Attraction
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale; Best TWS Earbuds Deals You Shouldn't Miss
- Education IIT Bombay continues to remain the top choice for JEE Advanced 2022 toppers
- Lifestyle Navratri 2022 Day 5: Alia Bhatt To Ananya Panday, Green Navratri Outfit Inspirations From Bollywood Actresses
A car salesman from India becomes the NBA Hall Of Famer. Nav Bhatia, an India based in Canada has earned the prestigious honour in NBA's history. His name was added to the Hall Of Fame without him playing or coaching or even owning a team. Here is Nav Bhatia's inspirational story.
Nav Bhatia was born and raised in New Delhi, India. He completed his Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical in Delhi and had to leave the country due to the Anti-Sikh riots in the year 1984. He settled in Canada.
For an immigrant with a Turban and a beard, Nav's life in Canada did not have a good start. Despite being a Mechanical Engineer, he failed to find a job. After filling out and hundreds of job applications, he finally found a job as a car salesman in a rough part of the town.
The hate from the community at that time did not bring down Nav Bhatia. Instead, he wanted to show hard work wins over everything. Starting as a car salesman Nav applied his skills of marketing and sold 127 cars and just 90 days. This is a record that still stands today as well.
In recognition of his impressive achievement, Nav Bhatia was hired as the general manager for a bigger dealership across town. The business was on the verge of bankruptcy and needed a quick turnaround to survive.
But life flipped the coin around again for Nav as all but one employee of the dealership quit because of his ethnicity. Another challenge stared at Mr Bhatia's face, which he took it head-on again! He recruited a fresh pair of hands at the dealership and got it running again.
After a few years of dedicated hard work from the entire team led by Nav Bhatia, the car dealership not only came out from the verge of bankruptcy but also became the most successful and largest dealership in all of Canada. He bought that dealership from the owner and added a few more under his belt as well marking his success in car sales in Canada.
His achievements in the car sales industry were hailed by Hyundai's CEO as well. It also earned many awards to Nav Bhatia including RBC Top 25 Canadian Immigrant Award in the year 2018. However, there were other prestigious awards that he would collect!
Apart from being brilliant in the car sales industry, Nav Bhatia shares his unconditional love towards the Raptors NBA team. From the very first day on the court back in the year 1995 when the Raptors came into existence, Nav Bhatia has never missed a home game.
It did not matter if the Raptors lost or won the match, Nav was always there for the entire season cheering his heart out in every game. His loyalty to the team earned him the Raptors Superfan title in the year 1998, where he was called to the centre of the court and was awarded the new title.
Nav Bhatia's undying passion for the team got his name into the history books when the Raptors won the NBA championship in 2018. He became the first fan in NBA history to receive an official championship ring and also was part of the team's championship parade.
However, his loyalty to the sport and the team made history again, when Nav Bhatia become the first fan to be awarded the Hall Of Fame status in the NBA. Stating this momentous event he said, "I made a promise as a kid to my mom I would never remove my turban. Today it is in the Hall of Fame. Embrace what makes you different. It is your superpower. This is the crown I wear each day. Thank you, mom."
Nav Bhatia spends over USD 300,000 every NBA season inviting children from different ethnicities to watch the Raptors game. He wants to unite the children from all backgrounds around the sport.
Thoughts About Nav Bhatia's Inspirational Story
There are so many aspects we can learn about Nav Bhatia's life story. Hard work and loyalty is the one that stands out from his role-model life. Car salesman to NBA Hall Of Famer, what a journey indeed!