- 26 min ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- News It is Centre's responsibility to prevent gold smuggling: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Here's the probable India XI as 8 key players ruled out of remaining games
- Technology Nokia T20 Specifications Leaked: HMD Global's First Tablet?
- Finance HDFC Bank Offers Senior Citizens Up To 6.25% Returns On FD: Check Current Rates Here
- Education Kerala Plus Two Result School Wise And District Wise Pass Percentage
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
UPDATE: Car rescued from sinkhole in Mumbai. The Hyundai Venue that fell into the sinkhole that appeared in a Mumbai parking lot has been pulled out with the help of a crane. On the outside, it does look like the car has not suffered any major damage. Here is all you need to know about the incident.
The video of the Hyundai Venue falling into the sinkhole and drowning was probably one of the most-shared videos on various different social media platforms on Sunday, 13 June. However, while the video was being shared by tens of thousands, it seems like the owner of the vehicle was busy trying to get the car out.
A crane was called upon and straps were attached to the rear axles of the SUV. It was then slowly and gently pulled out of the well. However, when it was almost out, the front bumper broke off under the pressure of the sheer weight and fell right back in.
Going by the videos being circulated, it is hard to make out any major damage on the exterior. However, the car spent a few hours underwater and the interiors will be completely destroyed. We also expect all the electrical circuits to be fried. The water could have also forced its way into the engine.
MUMBAI: Car falls into a sinkhole at a parking lot. Shocking visuals of a car falling into a sinkhole at a Mumbai parking lot have surfaced. The widely shared video depicts a Hyundai Venue drowning in the sinkhole.
The video in question is rather short. The footage starts with the front-end of the Hyundai Venue already underwater. Within just a few seconds, the entire car is swallowed by the sinkhole. The sinkhole was filled with muddy water.
Reports suggest that the parking space was built by covering up a well. Due to the recent rains, it is possible that the ground beneath the tarmac was washed away and the well was reactivated by nature.
In the past couple of weeks, the regions around the city of Mumbai were battered with heavy rains that almost led to a flood-like situation. It is quite possible that these heavy rains loosened up the ground around the area in which the Hyundai Venue went down.
The Hyundai Venue weighs between 1,081 kilograms and 1,233 kilograms, depending on the variant and the powertrain. While this isn't as heavy as many other cars in the market, it is heavy enough to sink pretty quickly when the ground beneath the car just isn't there anymore.
The tail-lamp of the car was turned on when it sank and this led many to believe there was someone inside the car. However, reports reveal that no life was harmed in the incident. The tail lamp must have come on because of an electrical fault or a short-circuit caused by the water flooding the car.
Thoughts On Hyundai Venue Drowning In Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot
In the past few weeks, many regions of the country have been lashed by heavy rains. With such extreme rainfall comes the risk of landslides and sinkholes. The loose ground under roads and other places shift and this makes motoring quite dangerous.
In this instance, the car had no occupants. However, if there were any occupants, there could have been a loss of life as there is no space for the doors to be opened inside the sinkhole. It is best for everyone to be cautious about the area in which we drive and even the surroundings of the area where we park our vehicles.