TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Australia reclaims the record for the biggest simultaneous burnout. 126 cars did a burnout simultaneously at the Summer Nationals 2019, reclaiming the record from Saudi Arabia.
Burnouts have been one of the hallmarks of most petrolheads and hundreds of thousands of tyres lose their lives to this burnout madness. The world record for the biggest simultaneous burnout was held by Australian motorheads for a long time before America took it in 2015.
A short while later, the Australians took the record again in 2015 itself. A group of petrolheads in Saudi Arabia wanted the record, so they took it in 2017 with 119 cars. Now, at the very beginning of 2019 itself, Australia reclaimed the record at the Summernats held at the Exhibition Park in Canberra.
Summernats is one of the largest motoring-based events in Australia and the website claims it to be Australia's biggest horsepower party. Summernats also hosts various categories like elite show cars, horsepower heroes, driving events, exhibitions, trade shows, concerts and last but not the least, burnout competitions.
Yes, you read that right. They have official burnout competitions in which the participants are judged on various factors such as instant smoke, constant smoke, volume of smoke, driver's skill, etc.
The video that has documented the record-breaking burnout starts off by showcasing the general atmosphere at the 2019 Summernats. Then the flag is waved and the drivers in 126 tuned cars dump the clutch.
All kinds of cars ranging from Japanese imports to American muscle cars and even pickup trucks participated in the world record attempt. A few went ahead and produced coloured smoke as well. It is safe to say, the atmosphere was left with the smell of burning rubber for a long time after the record attempt ended.
Thoughts On World Record For Biggest Tyre Burnout
Burnout attempts in a crowded area are usually risky business. If the driver's foot slips off the brake, the car will catapult forward and almost certainly crash into anything in front of it. Therefore, organising a synchronised burnout involving 126 cars is no joke, but they have managed to pull it off, and kudos to them for it.