- 49 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 1 hr ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Technology Realme 3i First Sale Sells Over 150,000 Units Within 30 Minutes
- Movies Nerkonda Paarvai First Review: Ajith Kumar Shines In The 'Best Tamil Film' Of The Year
- News Boris Johnson will be next Prime Minister of UK
- Sports Overthrow rules come under scrutiny but it cost New Zealand a World Cup
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Australia reclaims the record for the biggest simultaneous burnout. 126 cars did a burnout simultaneously at the Summer Nationals 2019, reclaiming the record from Saudi Arabia.
Burnouts have been one of the hallmarks of most petrolheads and hundreds of thousands of tyres lose their lives to this burnout madness. The world record for the biggest simultaneous burnout was held by Australian motorheads for a long time before America took it in 2015.
A short while later, the Australians took the record again in 2015 itself. A group of petrolheads in Saudi Arabia wanted the record, so they took it in 2017 with 119 cars. Now, at the very beginning of 2019 itself, Australia reclaimed the record at the Summernats held at the Exhibition Park in Canberra.
Summernats is one of the largest motoring-based events in Australia and the website claims it to be Australia's biggest horsepower party. Summernats also hosts various categories like elite show cars, horsepower heroes, driving events, exhibitions, trade shows, concerts and last but not the least, burnout competitions.
Yes, you read that right. They have official burnout competitions in which the participants are judged on various factors such as instant smoke, constant smoke, volume of smoke, driver's skill, etc.
The video that has documented the record-breaking burnout starts off by showcasing the general atmosphere at the 2019 Summernats. Then the flag is waved and the drivers in 126 tuned cars dump the clutch.
All kinds of cars ranging from Japanese imports to American muscle cars and even pickup trucks participated in the world record attempt. A few went ahead and produced coloured smoke as well. It is safe to say, the atmosphere was left with the smell of burning rubber for a long time after the record attempt ended.
Thoughts On World Record For Biggest Tyre Burnout
Burnout attempts in a crowded area are usually risky business. If the driver's foot slips off the brake, the car will catapult forward and almost certainly crash into anything in front of it. Therefore, organising a synchronised burnout involving 126 cars is no joke, but they have managed to pull it off, and kudos to them for it.