- 1 hr ago Top 10 Best-Selling Car Brands In India (November 2022) - Y-o-Y Sales Up By Nearly 31%
- 2 hrs ago 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG Launch This Month – Bookings Already Open
- 1 day ago 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- News Indian arts and culture one of the richest resources: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Movies Vanangaan Controversy: Netizens Blame Director Bala For Dropping Suriya From The Film!
- Technology James Webb Chronicles Its Best Pillars Of Creation Image Yet
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Large Cap Banking Stock, Shares Can Surge Up To 24%, Says Motilal Oswal
- Education CLAT 2023 Admit Card will be Out Tomorrow; Know How to Download
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: How 'Mad' Mehidy and friend Mustafizur guided Bangla to 1-wicket win
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
German tuning house Brabus has revealed the 600, its take on the Mercedes-Maybach S 580. The Brabus 600 is described by the customization specialists as 'haute couture brabusized'.
So what exactly has Brabus done to throw out such statements about a modified version of the Mercedes-Maybach S580 limo, considered by many as one of the most luxurious land barges around today? Well, the new Brabus 600 sports a few subtle cosmetic exterior tweaks, a fully customized interior and more power from the twin-turbo AMG V8 under the bonnet.
Let's talk about the exterior changes first. The Brabus 600 sports quite a few subtle carbon-fibre upgrades that give it its rather distinct look. These changes come in the form of a new front splitter, and rear diffuser along with a few inserts for the front fascia all of which are made using the lightweight material. Brabus claims that these new carbon-fibre upgrades at the front help reduce front-axle lift allowing for better handling stability at high speeds.
The Brabus 600 rides on the tuning house's custom 22-inch Monoblock M 'Platinum Edition' wheels that are finished in Shadow Grey and shod with Continental SportContact 7 tyres. Brabus has also fitted the 600 with a new adjustable SportXtra suspension setup that allows owners to adjust the ride height of the luxury limo by up to 20mm.
Step inside the new Brabus 600 and you'll be greeted by a sea of Turquoise. Almost every surface of the Brabus 600 that you can touch is covered by leather in this rather unique shade. The seats and door cards sport 'Seashell Diamond' quilted leather and there is quite a bit of carbon-fibre present as well.
As is always the case with these custom Brabus vehicles, the interior can be specified in several colour and upholstery material options, which should ensure that each Brabus 600 that glides onto the streets is as unique as its owner.
Speaking about gliding, Brabus has tweaked the 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine for the 600. In the 'regular' Mercedes-Maybach S580, the twin-turbocharged AMG V8 produces 496bhp and 700Nm of peak torque. For the 600, Brabus has eased out an extra 96bhp and 100Nm out of the powerplant.
The V8 under the bonnet of the Brabus 600 now produces 592bhp and 800Nm of peak torque. The output from the engine is sent to the rear wheels via a 9-speed automatic gearbox. The additional power and torque on offer mean that the Brabus 600 sprints from 0-100km/h in just 4.5 seconds (0.3 seconds quicker than the Mercedes-Maybach S580) while the top speed is still limited to 250km/h.
Brabus has also fitted the 600 limo with a stainless steel high-performance exhaust system with actively controlled valves. These valves open up in Sport mode allowing the world to hear the rumble of the V8 heart of the Brabus 600 but close up to reduce the heavy metal concert to a whisper in 'Coming Home' mode.
Thoughts About The Brabus 600
The Brabus 600 is the luxury limo for those mental autobahn specialists for whom the Mercedes-Maybach S580 just isn't luxurious enough.