- A Ferrari Crashed In Kolkata — Driver Dead, Passenger Severely Injured
- Speeding Tata Nexon Accident: Hits An Electric Pole — Passengers Escape Unhurt
- Maruti Swift Accident Caused By Husband & Wife Fight — Four Dead!
- A Tata Sumo Gets Into An Accident In Ghaziabad — Seven Killed Due To A Small Error
- Accident Video Shows Why You Should Slow Down Near Junctions On Highways
- Self-Driving Uber Car Crashes In Arizona — Kills Pedestrian
A horrifying car accident accident claimed the life of a BJP MLA in Uttar Pradesh. Lokendra Singh, an MLA from Bijnor's Noorpur constituency in northern Uttar Pradesh was travelling in his personal vehicle - a Toyota Fortuner, when it collided head-on into a truck.
More details are unavailable at the moment, but what can easily be made out from the pictures is that both the car and the truck were at considerably high speeds. Though it is too early to judge whose fault it was, the pictures clearly indicate that the Toyota Fortuner was on the wrong side of the highway when the accident took place.
The Toyota Fortuner is one of the toughest vehicles currently on sale in India, boasting of great build quality and legendary reliability. In this accident though, the Toyota Fortuner has been damaged to a great extent, showing the intensity of the collision. The accident was so severe that the MLA's security personnel and driver of the truck too died.
The accident took place in the wee hours of Wednesday, before dawn. The 41-year-old MLA is survived by his wife and two sons.
While no one can ever have complete control over accidents, one can always have control over the way he/she drives. Driving on the wrong side of the road, driving without wearing the seatbelt and driving above the speed limit almost always increases the chance of meeting with an accident. Hence making these mistakes is best avoided at all times.