- 10 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Awain Keys, a company based out of Finland has revealed the most expensive car keys in the world. The most expensive car keys in the world come in different variants and the least-expensive variant costs $55,166 (Rs 38.25 lakh)!
Car keys have been taken to a whole new level with Awain stepping into the game. Car keys are one the most important bits in a car as one wouldn't be able to open or start a car without its keys.
However, the keys are also the most disregarded bit of a car, because let's be honest - no one really pays any attention to their car's keys. Car keys were ignored to such an extent that they remained almost the same in terms of form and function for decades.
It was only recently that manufacturers like BMW came up with a touchscreen car key and hence they brought to the key some attention it truly deserved. People all over the world were bowled over with the fact that we could control so much of a car with just its keys.
The autonomous parking system, doors, lighting, etc could all be controlled by the key/remote control of the new BMW 5-series and 7-series. If you thought the BMW key was 'uber-cool', you have to see what Awain Keys has in store for its customers. Awain has revealed three variants of its keys — Quantum, Serenity and Phantom.
The Quantum is the entry-level variant and costs $55,166 (Rs 38.25 lakh). It features a leather/woden section with surrounds made of 18 or 24-carat Gold. It also comes with 354 diamonds and that comes up to a total of 3.45 carats.
The Serenity is the one in the middle, and at $100,209 (69.48 lakh), is a lot more expensive than the Quantum. But it is a lot cheaper than the top-of-the-line Phantom. The Serenity has a similar frame as structure as the Quantum, but features 1,250 diamonds that makes it a total of 20 carats. If this isn't extreme enough for buyers, there is the Phantom which costs more than the average Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, etc
The Phantom costs a whopping $562,925 (3.90 Crore). It features many more diamonds and totals 34.5 carats. The team over at Awain Kays consists of engineers, jewellers and watch makers, thus ensuring a precise finish. It takes them between 100 to 300 hours to finish making one key.
Well, they can afford so much time being spent on one key as these keys will be bought only by a few people. Even if you can afford it, you will need to own one of the enlisted car manufacturers' cars in order to have an Awain key. The approved list of car brands for Awain keys include s Aston Martin, bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and Rolls Royce.
Ferrari, Audi and BMW are notably missing from the list. This leads us to believe that, even among Mercedes-Benz owners, the key would be made available to top-spec cars only.
Awain Keys CEO Jalmari Mattila was quoted as saying, "as a passionate car enthusiast myself, I believe that the very best cars in the world deserve the very best keys, and our pieces really make a statement of excellence. The keys as an ideal item for supercar owners who will accept nothing short of an unparalleled luxury experience."
Thoughts On Awain Keys - Most Expensive Car Keys In The World
Awain has created a haloed image for car keys - the Rolls-Royce and Bentley of the car key world. At first, you might think that they would find no takers for this, but if one can spend way over 100 crores for a number plate, they can very well spend so much for a set of car keys.