- 11 min ago Harley Davidson Street 750 & Street Rod Discontinued In India: Removed From Website
- 2 hrs ago BharatBenz ‘BSafe Express’ Reefer Truck Unveiled: Made-In-India COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Truck
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Access 125 Prices Increased Across All Variants: Here Is The New Price List!
- 4 hrs ago Earth Energy EV Upcoming Vehicles Teased Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Movies When Alia Bhatt Confessed About Loving Sidharth Malhotra: I Love Him, There's No Stress; I'm Not Nachaoing Him
- Finance IRCTC To Resume e-Catering Services From February
- News Unlike other parties, we have 'neta', 'niyat' to take BJP forward: BJP chief Nadda
- Sports IPL 2021: BCCI to host IPL 14 Auction on February 18, claims official; venue not decided yet
- Lifestyle Healthy Bitter Foods That May Help Lower Blood Glucose In Diabetics
- Technology You Broadband Launches New Bundled Plans For Its Customers
- Education UPSC Civil Services 2021: No Extra Attempt For Aspirants Who Missed Exam Due To COVID
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Awain Keys, a company based out of Finland has revealed the most expensive car keys in the world. The most expensive car keys in the world come in different variants and the least-expensive variant costs $55,166 (Rs 38.25 lakh)!
Car keys have been taken to a whole new level with Awain stepping into the game. Car keys are one the most important bits in a car as one wouldn't be able to open or start a car without its keys.
However, the keys are also the most disregarded bit of a car, because let's be honest - no one really pays any attention to their car's keys. Car keys were ignored to such an extent that they remained almost the same in terms of form and function for decades.
It was only recently that manufacturers like BMW came up with a touchscreen car key and hence they brought to the key some attention it truly deserved. People all over the world were bowled over with the fact that we could control so much of a car with just its keys.
The autonomous parking system, doors, lighting, etc could all be controlled by the key/remote control of the new BMW 5-series and 7-series. If you thought the BMW key was 'uber-cool', you have to see what Awain Keys has in store for its customers. Awain has revealed three variants of its keys — Quantum, Serenity and Phantom.
The Quantum is the entry-level variant and costs $55,166 (Rs 38.25 lakh). It features a leather/woden section with surrounds made of 18 or 24-carat Gold. It also comes with 354 diamonds and that comes up to a total of 3.45 carats.
The Serenity is the one in the middle, and at $100,209 (69.48 lakh), is a lot more expensive than the Quantum. But it is a lot cheaper than the top-of-the-line Phantom. The Serenity has a similar frame as structure as the Quantum, but features 1,250 diamonds that makes it a total of 20 carats. If this isn't extreme enough for buyers, there is the Phantom which costs more than the average Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, etc
The Phantom costs a whopping $562,925 (3.90 Crore). It features many more diamonds and totals 34.5 carats. The team over at Awain Kays consists of engineers, jewellers and watch makers, thus ensuring a precise finish. It takes them between 100 to 300 hours to finish making one key.
Well, they can afford so much time being spent on one key as these keys will be bought only by a few people. Even if you can afford it, you will need to own one of the enlisted car manufacturers' cars in order to have an Awain key. The approved list of car brands for Awain keys include s Aston Martin, bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and Rolls Royce.
Ferrari, Audi and BMW are notably missing from the list. This leads us to believe that, even among Mercedes-Benz owners, the key would be made available to top-spec cars only.
Awain Keys CEO Jalmari Mattila was quoted as saying, "as a passionate car enthusiast myself, I believe that the very best cars in the world deserve the very best keys, and our pieces really make a statement of excellence. The keys as an ideal item for supercar owners who will accept nothing short of an unparalleled luxury experience."
Thoughts On Awain Keys - Most Expensive Car Keys In The World
Awain has created a haloed image for car keys - the Rolls-Royce and Bentley of the car key world. At first, you might think that they would find no takers for this, but if one can spend way over 100 crores for a number plate, they can very well spend so much for a set of car keys.