- 57 min ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Gets Emotional At Cousin Priyaank's Haldi Ceremony; Also See Pics From Beach Party
- Technology How To Activate International Roaming Services On Reliance Jio Numbers
- News Explained: Will Rahul Gandhi win over south Indian votes by sea-diving, dancing and eating biryani?
- Sports Rumour Has It: Chelsea make move for Donnarumma, Bayern seal new Musiala deal
- Lifestyle Pink, Red, Or Green, Which Saree Of Tamannaah Bhatia Did You Like The Most?
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
A video of an auto-rickshaw's wheel being changed while on the move has gone viral on the internet. It has raked in thousands of views on various social media platforms. Some have hailed it as a James Bond-style stunt while many others said it was dangerous and lives could be harmed.
However, one can't deny that it is thrilling to watch such videos. The video in question appeared online on 19 September and then slowly gained popularity with thousands of likes and shares. The video starts off with an old yellow-coloured auto-rickshaw being driven on an old country road.
The location remains unknown, but the auto-rickshaw in question certainly looks like one of the old auto rickshaws sold by TVS. A few seconds into the video, the auto driver makes a sharp turn and brings the right rear wheel up in a controlled stunt.
While the right wheel was up in the air, a man appears from inside the auto rickshaw and loosens the bolts of the wheel and takes it off from the hub. Immediately after this, another auto-rickshaw turns up on the opposite lane and matches speed with the first vehicle.
The man in the second auto brings a spare wheel and hands it to the man in the first. Within no time, he puts the wheel back in place and fastens it. Once that is done, the autorickshaw comes to a halt, still with the right rear wheel up in the air.
While it is an extraordinary stunt and thrilling to describe, it was very dangerous and could have harmed lives. First and foremost, the stunt was being performed on a public road. It wasn't even an empty or deserted public road.
It was a small two-lane highway with villages and houses on either side and a lot of vehicles on the very same road. In-fact, when the autorickshaw came to a halt, a couple of motorcycles, one more auto rickshaw and two cars are seen right behind it.
Had the auto-driver lost control of the vehicle, several people could have been hurt or maybe even killed. Changing the wheel of a vehicle while on the move is a stunt that has been performed several times before.
There are several videos of cars' wheels being changed while it is being driven on two wheels in the Middle-East. Well, these stunts were performed on empty stretches of highways. However, this is the first time such a stunt being performed in an auto-rickshaw has been caught on video.
It may be thrilling and it may be entertaining to watch. However, it was sheer luck that these people got out of this unscathed and without incident. This stunt could have ended in a very different way.
Thoughts On Auto-Rickshaw Stunts Video Shows Wheel Being Changed While Driving On Highway
Three-wheelers are unstable by nature and it is easy to get a three-wheeler to topple. Toppling of auto-rickshaws are not very uncommon. Adding to the danger is the fact that they do not have any crumple zones or crash safety measures.
It takes great skill to intentionally hold one of the three wheels in the air for such a long period, and it takes guts to change the wheel while this is happening. While we do commend their skills, we strongly criticize their decision to perform these stunts on a public road.