- 28 min ago Hero MotoCorp Achieves 100 Million Production Milestone: Unveils Six Celebration-Edition Models
- 2 hrs ago Mini India Car Sales In 2020: Delivers Over 500 Units & Registers A Growth Of 34% In Q4
- 3 hrs ago BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 51.50 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic (2021) Spied Testing Again Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- Finance Best Car Loans With The Lowest Interest Rates Starting From 7.30%
- Technology Apple iPad Mini 6 Redesign Could Feature In-Display Touch ID
- Lifestyle Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma Or Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu, Which Couple’s Fashionable Look Is Impressive?
- Movies Hemanth Kumar Had Pressurised VJ Chitra To Take Virg***ty Test Says His Friend Rohit
- Sports IPL 2021: Delhi Capitals trade all-rounders Harshal Patel and Daniel Sams to Royal Challengers Bangalore
- News Massive fire breaks out at Serum Institute of India, Pune
- Education AP ICET Counselling Dates 2021: Check AP ICET Web Counselling Registration Process
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In January 2021
The hard fall feature in an Apple Watch has saved a biker's life after a fall knocked him out. The incident happened when a father-son duo were out mountain biking in Riverside State Park. The son, Gabe Burdett credited his father's apple watch for saving his life by alerting the emergency services.
The reliance of mankind on technology today is higher than it ever was, and humans are becoming increasingly dependent on technology with every passing day. In some cases, reliance on technology is harmful, like the addiction to smartphones and gadgets.
In some other cases like this one though, we can see that technology has saved lives. Apple Inc. released its Apple Watch with a Hard Fall feature. The basic intention of this feature is to alert the authorities if its user has a hard fall. It uses its gyroscope and accelerometer to determine if the user has had a hard fall.
If it detects a hard fall, it displays a message on the screen asking the user is an SOS message needs to be sent. If the user does not respond, it automatically alerts the emergency services and a preset contact.
In this case, the father Bob Burdett was wearing an Apple Watch with the feature enabled. Bob was supposed to meet his son Gabe at a location that was previously decided upon. However, Bob didn't turn up at the location and his son received a text alert from his dad's Apple Watch.
The alert read — "Emergency SOS Bob Burdett called emergency services from this approximate location after apple watch detected a hard fall. You are receiving this message because Bob has listed you as an emergency contact."
Upon reaching the location, Gabe found that his father was not at the location. The Apple Watch sent him yet another text telling him that his father had reached Sacred Heart Medical Centre.
Turns out that the Apple Watch had sent the location of the fall to 911 as well, and an Ambulance picked up Bob Burdett from that location. Mountain Biking is one of the most rejuvenating sports, but can be dangerous when out in the wild. If anything goes wrong, it could be fatal in the wilderness.
Turns out, Bob Burdett's mountain bike flipped over and he hit his head after the fall. This left him unconscious for a while. Thanks to his Apple Watch's Hard Fall feature, he survived as an Ambulance reached the spot within half an hour.
Gabe Burdett took to social media to post about the incident and urged everyone to turn on the Hard Fall feature on their Apple Watch as it could just save its user's life.
Thoughts On Apple Watch Saving A Life Through The Hard Fall Feature
This is not the first time an Apple Watch has saved a life. It is a very capable device. It is not just during mountain biking that the Hard Fall feature will come in handy. It can save lives even during a car or bike crash thanks to its emergency feature.
The emergency SOS feature is becoming increasingly popular with manufacturers of gadgets and even cars now. Smart infotainment systems in cars also come with the feature. In some cars, it can be programmed to call a particular number or the emergency services to alert them in case of an accident.