- 2 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 2 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Movies Veteran Music Composer Khayyam Passes Away
- Sports PKL 2019: UP Yoddha notch comfortable win over league leaders Jaipur Pink Panthers
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Bollywood's Shahenshah Amitabh Bachchan has added yet another luxury vehicle to his car collection. Amitabh Bachchan's latest ride is a Mercedes V-Class luxury MPV which he took delivery of earlier this month from the Auto Hangar Mercedes dealership in Mumbai.
The Mercedes V-Class MPV was launched in India in January this year at a starting price of Rs 68.4 lakhs, ex-showroom. The new Mercedes V-Class is offered in two guises for the Indian market — Expression (extra-long wheelbase) and Exclusive (long wheelbase) — with the latter priced at Rs 81.9 lakhs, ex-showroom. While the expression variant is a seven seater, the Exclusive is a more luxurious model with seating for just 6 including the driver and front passenger.
It is not known what variant of the V-Class has made its way into the collection of Mr Bachchan as the images released by Auto Hangar Mercedes only show the MPV from the front. The Mercedes V-Class MPV joins some rather luxurious vehicles in the Bachchan family garage, which also plays host to vehicles like the Range Rover Autobiography SUV, Bentley Continental GT grand tourer and the Mercedes S-Class limousine. The garage had earlier also been the home of a Rolls-Royce Ghost, but that luxury limo was recently sold off by Bachchan Senior.
The Mercedes V-Class is currently the most luxurious and expensive MPV on sale in India. The V-Class van is powered by a 2.1-litre, four-cylinder turbodiesel engine that produces 160bhp at 3,800rpm and 380Nm of torque at 1,600rpm. The BS-VI compliant diesel engine on the V-Class is paired with a 7-speed automatic gearbox that sends power to the rear wheels.
The Mercedes V-Class comes packed with host of features that help it stand way above the rest of the MPV crowd. These features include Full-LED headlamps, TFT instrument console, 15-speaker Burmester audio system (optional), ambient lighting, electric sliding doors and middle row seats that can rotate 180 degrees to face the back of the MPV.
The V-Class also comes packed with a host of safety features including six airbags, attention assist, Active parking assist, lane assist, 360-degree camera, collision prevention assist, a tyre pressure monitoring system and blind spot detection among many others.