- Finance Gold Prices Fell From 14-Month High As Dollar Strengthens
- Technology Vivo Z1 Pro Live Images Emerge Online – Punch-hole Display And Triple Rear Cameras
- News Safety of doctors in government hospitals: Supreme Court to hear petition tomorrow
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez won Catalunya GP amidst chaos
- Movies Shahrukh Khan To Team Up With Son Aryan Khan For This Film; Read EXCITING DETAILS Here!
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Bollywood's Shahenshah Amitabh Bachchan has added yet another luxury vehicle to his car collection. Amitabh Bachchan's latest ride is a Mercedes V-Class luxury MPV which he took delivery of earlier this month from the Auto Hangar Mercedes dealership in Mumbai.
The Mercedes V-Class MPV was launched in India in January this year at a starting price of Rs 68.4 lakhs, ex-showroom. The new Mercedes V-Class is offered in two guises for the Indian market — Expression (extra-long wheelbase) and Exclusive (long wheelbase) — with the latter priced at Rs 81.9 lakhs, ex-showroom. While the expression variant is a seven seater, the Exclusive is a more luxurious model with seating for just 6 including the driver and front passenger.
It is not known what variant of the V-Class has made its way into the collection of Mr Bachchan as the images released by Auto Hangar Mercedes only show the MPV from the front. The Mercedes V-Class MPV joins some rather luxurious vehicles in the Bachchan family garage, which also plays host to vehicles like the Range Rover Autobiography SUV, Bentley Continental GT grand tourer and the Mercedes S-Class limousine. The garage had earlier also been the home of a Rolls-Royce Ghost, but that luxury limo was recently sold off by Bachchan Senior.
The Mercedes V-Class is currently the most luxurious and expensive MPV on sale in India. The V-Class van is powered by a 2.1-litre, four-cylinder turbodiesel engine that produces 160bhp at 3,800rpm and 380Nm of torque at 1,600rpm. The BS-VI compliant diesel engine on the V-Class is paired with a 7-speed automatic gearbox that sends power to the rear wheels.
The Mercedes V-Class comes packed with host of features that help it stand way above the rest of the MPV crowd. These features include Full-LED headlamps, TFT instrument console, 15-speaker Burmester audio system (optional), ambient lighting, electric sliding doors and middle row seats that can rotate 180 degrees to face the back of the MPV.
The V-Class also comes packed with a host of safety features including six airbags, attention assist, Active parking assist, lane assist, 360-degree camera, collision prevention assist, a tyre pressure monitoring system and blind spot detection among many others.