- 9 hrs ago Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- 24 hrs ago Force Urbania Bookings Open – Limited Dealers Authorised To Accept Bookings
- 24 hrs ago Car That Inspired Time Travelling Delorean Set To Return - Getting Back To The Future
- 1 day ago Bollywood Actor Ram Kapoor Adds Ferrari Portofino M To His Exotic Collection
- Movies Gashmeer Mahajani Opens Up About Starring In Nushrratt Bharuccha’s Chhorii 2: I Was On Board Within 10 Minutes
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Wayne Rooney names the player England must start in the next game
- News We asked Congress govt to target terrorism, instead they targeted me: PM Modi in Gujarat
- Lifestyle Signs That You Are Too Emotionally Dependent On Your Partner
- Finance Top Brokerages Suggests Accumulate Two Multibagger Large Cap & Small Cap Stocks For High Returns
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
California-based advanced technology firm Alef Aeronautics has revealed the Model A flying car. However, unlike other flying cars that look like planes that can also drive, the Alef Model A looks more like a conventional car.
Pre-bookings for the Alef Model A have started at $150 for the regular que and $1,500 for priority que deposits. Set to arrive in 2025, the Alef Model A sports a price tag of $300,000.
So what do you get for that fat bundle of cash? Alef Aeronautics claims that the Model A is the only drivable flying car with vertical take-off and landing capabilities, fitting within existing urban infrastructure for driving and parking. The Californian firm claims that the Model A will deliver a driving range of 200 miles (322km) and a flight range of 110 miles (177km) on a single charge.
Unlike other flying cars that require runways to take off and land, the Alef Model A features a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) setup. This means that owners of the Alef Model A will be able to lift off into the air at any point in their journey, which will be rather helpful when you're stuck in a traffic jam.
Alef Aeronautics state that the Model A features a gimbaled cabin design and elevon system provide a smooth, stable ride and flight, keeping occupants stable. The Model A's propellers are not exposed which helps save space while also dampening the sound and increasing safety levels.
Key safety features on the Alef Model A include Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), triple to octuple redundancy of all key components, real-time thousand point diagnostics, pre-flight reject start diagnostics, obstacle detection and avoidance, glide landing, and full-vehicle ballistic parachute.
advances, ultra-light and ultra-strong components, software simulators and analysis, and rigorous flight testing. Production and deliveries of the Alef Model A flying car will start in Q4, 2025.
Alef also revealed plans for a four-seater flyind sedan dubbed 'Model Z' which will arrive in 2035 with a price tag of just $35,000. The Alef Model Z will be capable of flying 200 miles (322km) with a driving range of 400 miles (644km).
Thoughts On The Alef Model A
The Alef Model A looks like something out of the movie the Fifth Element, ie: an actual car that can fly. If it does hit the roads and skies as promised in 2025, the Alef Model A could very signal the arrival of a future full of flying cars.