TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
They say you can't kill a dreamer and that stands true, especially for this farmer from Tamil Nadu. Devarajan recently became the proud owner of a brand-new Mercedes-Benz B-Class.
What makes this an achievement is the fact that he bought the car at the age of 88, making him one of the older Mercedes-Benz owners. For Devarajan though, the dream of owning a car with the three-pointed star up front was one that stood beyond age.
It was a childhood dream and a promise to self being fulfilled. It was at the tender age of eight that Devarajan first saw a Mercedes-Benz. It isn't exactly clear what particular model he would have seen back in 1930, but it is very clear that it left a lasting impression on his mind.
The impression was such that it lasted eighty years, and made him work hard to own a car from the German brand. Sources have claimed that Devarajan didn't even know what this brand was, as he was one who rode a bicycle and toiled in the fields on bullock carts.
The three-pointed star though stayed in his mind, him work harder by the day, and eighty years later, he has achieved his goal. The Mercedes-Benz B-Class was sold to him by Trans Cars, a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Chennai.
To celebrate the occasion, Trans Cars brought in a cake with the Mercedes-benz logo and Devarajan and his wife were more than happy to cut it. The Mercedes-Benz B-Class is powered by either a 1.6-litre, four-cylinder engine or a 2.2-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine.The diesel variant has a power output of 136bhp and petrol variant makes do with 122bhp.
Thoughts On The 88-Year Old Indian Farmer Purchasing A Mercedes-Benz
Age is just a number, especially if one has a spirit like Devarajan. Fighting his way through life's battles, he finally made it to a place where he could own his dream car. If this does not inspire, I'm not sure what will.