- 7 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 8 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 8 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction - Netizens HAIL Shahid Kapoor
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Audi launched the e-Tron at its 2018 Global Summit in San Francisco. It is the first all-electric SUV to be mass-produced by Audi and is already taking the electric vehicle market by storm.
The launch of the Audi e-Tron marks Audi's first step towards its future EV plans and Audi obviously wanted to make an impression that would last. The future of mobility is electric and it includes drones as well and this, Audi thought was the best way to introduce the e-Tron to the world.
The 2018 Global Summit was a gala event that took place at the Craneway Pavilion and Audi introduced the e-Tron in style. An indoor and outdoor light show was put up in order to reveal the Audi e-Tron.
What made this light show incredibly special is that, it was put up by 850 Intel Shooting Star drones. The Shooting Star is a quadcopter drone that was specifically designed for light shows by Intel. 850 of these drones were used to create a spectacular sight over the waterfront location in Richmond.
The Shooting Star drone is made of styrofoam and lightweight plastic to enable easy flying and maneuverability. It comes with built-in light emitting diodes(LEDs) and Intel has designed it in a way that a large number of them can be operated by a single powerful computer.
The choreography and flight path of each drone is controlled by the algorithm. These capabilities made it the perfect choice to be used for the revealing of the Audi e-Tron.
300 of the 850 drones flew over the boat which transported about 500 people who were invited to attend the event. The remaining 550 stole the show by performing aerial acrobatics and finally formed the Audi and e-Tron logos in the sky above the water.
Thoughts On Shooting Star Drones Revealing The Audi e-Tron
With the revealing of the e-Tron, Audi has brought in the future. It is powered by two electric motors that together put out 355bhp and 561Nm and this figure goes up to 402bhp in boost mode. It is capable of accelerating from 0-100km/h in 5.7 seconds and top speed is at around 200km/h.
It also incorporates a number of new, futuristic features like virtual mirrors, adaptive cruise control, navigation data, etc. Such a futuristic car deserves a futuristic reveal and the 850 Intel Shooting Star drones enabled just that.