- 4 hrs ago Toyota Launches First Regional Stockyard in India: Delivery Times To Reduce
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra eKUV100 Launch Timeline Officially Revealed: Three New Vehicles In Pipeline
- 6 hrs ago Harley-Davidson ‘Serial 1’ e-Bicycle Unveiled: Inspired By Brand’s First-Ever Motorcycle From 1903
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- News Pak minister Fawad Chaudhry makes U-turn, gives explanation after admitting role in Pulwama attack
- Sports IPL 2020: MS Dhoni has to play some more super-competitive cricket to find his rhythm back: Kumar Sangakkara
- Movies Lakshmi Baramma Fame Chandu Gowda Ties The Knot To His Long-Term Girlfriend Shalini Nayana
- Lifestyle Evidence-Based Health Benefits Of Donkey Milk: Uses and Downsides
- Finance How to Open SBI Demat Account?
- Education DTE Karnataka Diploma Result 2020: How To Check BTELINX Karnataka Diploma Results 2020
- Technology Vi Launches Add-On Plans; Offering Star Talk, Games, And More Benefits
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Anand Mahindra is the Chairman of the Mahindra Group. Many would think that Anand Mahindra is just another businessman. Apart from the day he was born and the number of Mahindra products launched, he has improved and touched lives through good deeds. Here are some fascinating things about Anand Mahindra you don't know.
11. Forbes Rank
Anand Mahindra on Forbes Lists is ranked #99 India's Richest (2015). The Forbes list is an annual assessment of wealth and assets gathered and published by Forbes magazine.
Image: Mahindra Bolero
Anand Mahindra studied filmmaking and architecture and graduated with Honors (Magna cum laude) from Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1977. He also secured a MBA from Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts in 1981.
Image: Mahindra e2o
Anand Mahindra is the third generation in Mahindra family, a business started in 1945 by his Grandfather K.C. Mahindra, J.C. Mahindra, and Ghulam Muhammad to trade steel. Anand Mahindra's first role in the business was as an executive assistant to the finance director in 1981 for Mahindra Ugine Steel Company (MUSCO), the country's foremost producer of specialty steels.
Image: Mahindra TUV300
8. Tamil Is Welcome
Anand Mahindra is familiar with the language Tamil, since he studied in Lawrence School, Lovedale in Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India.
Image: Mahindra Quanto
7. Net Worth
Anand Mahindra's real time net worth as of 2/11/15 is $1.22 Billion and was included in Fortune Magazine's list of The World's 50 Greatest Leaders in 2014, and was also named as one of the top 25 most powerful business people in Asia for the year 2011.
Image: Mahindra Scorpio
Anand Mahindra is a keen photographer with a strong interest in films. He also enjoys listening to the Blues and helped set up an annual Mahindra Blues Festival in Mumbai in 2011. The Mahindra Blues festival is Asia's largest Blues festival, featuring some of the world's best Blues musicians for a two-day festival in Mumbai, India.
Image: Mahindra Thar
5. Connection With ARAI
As an industry participant, Anand Mahindra was the President of the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), which plays a crucial role in assuring less polluting, safe, and more efficient vehicles. ARAI provides technical expertise in R&D, testing, certification, homologation and framing of vehicle regulations.
Image: Mahindra Verito Vibe
4. Social Media
Anand Mahindra is one of the few businessmen who have adapted to social media quickly. His twitter handle @anandmahindra as of 2/11/15 has 2.54 million followers, and has been ranked third in the inaugural ‘WorldofCEOs.com' 2013 ranking of the ‘Top 30 CEOs on Social Media'.
Image: Mahindra XUV 500
3. The Nanhi Kali program
Did you know — Anand Mahindra was the man behind Nanhi Kali program, which provides free education to the girls in the country who are economically underprivileged. There are over 70,000 Nanhi Kalis across the country today. Project Nanhi Kali was initiated in 1996. He also co-founded Naandi Danone, which is the largest safe drinking water provider to rural areas of the country, which caters to nearly 3 million customers.
Image: Mahindra Xylo
2. What He Loves
Anand Mahindra is currently the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahindra Group. He enjoys sailing, tennis, world cinema, and reading. He lives in Mumbai along with wife Anuradha Mahindra, who is is the founder, editor and publisher of Verve, a lifestyle magazine. Anand and Anuradha have two daughters, Aalika and Divya.
Image: Mahindra Verito
Did you know - Anand Mahindra's donation of $10 million to the Harvard Humanities Center, which is being relaunched as the Mahindra Humanities Center is the largest personal donation overseas by an Indian. He is also the co-founder of the Harvard Business School Association of India, an association dedicated to the promotion of professional management in India.