- 14 min ago Skoda Kushaq Variants & Engine Options Leaked Ahead Of India Launch On June 28: Details
- 56 min ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Launched In India At Rs 13.18 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover Velar Launched In India At Rs 79.87 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Toyota Spare Parts Home Delivery Initiative Announced: Genuine Spares & Consumables Can Be Availed
- News Gujarat shocker: Viral video shows Teenage tribal couple thrashed with sticks for eloping; 3 held
- Finance How Google Pay Tokenization Will Support Debit Card Payments?
- Sports Euro 2020: Italy vs Switzerland Stats Highlights; Azzurri's maintain clean slate to march into knockouts
- Movies Vikram Singh Chauhan On His Secret Marriage With Sneha Shukla: There Was No Reason To Reveal Or Not To Reveal
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G Design, Color Options Leak
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: Healthy Indian Diet For Your Father Over 50
- Education IISc Releases IIT JAM 2021 Admission List
- Travel Madhya Pradesh Tourism Collaborates With The Vidya Balan-Starrer Amazon Original Film ‘Sherni’
Anand Mahindra is the Chairman of the Mahindra Group. Many would think that Anand Mahindra is just another businessman. Apart from the day he was born and the number of Mahindra products launched, he has improved and touched lives through good deeds. Here are some fascinating things about Anand Mahindra you don't know.
11. Forbes Rank
Anand Mahindra on Forbes Lists is ranked #99 India's Richest (2015). The Forbes list is an annual assessment of wealth and assets gathered and published by Forbes magazine.
Image: Mahindra Bolero
Anand Mahindra studied filmmaking and architecture and graduated with Honors (Magna cum laude) from Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1977. He also secured a MBA from Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts in 1981.
Image: Mahindra e2o
Anand Mahindra is the third generation in Mahindra family, a business started in 1945 by his Grandfather K.C. Mahindra, J.C. Mahindra, and Ghulam Muhammad to trade steel. Anand Mahindra's first role in the business was as an executive assistant to the finance director in 1981 for Mahindra Ugine Steel Company (MUSCO), the country's foremost producer of specialty steels.
Image: Mahindra TUV300
8. Tamil Is Welcome
Anand Mahindra is familiar with the language Tamil, since he studied in Lawrence School, Lovedale in Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India.
Image: Mahindra Quanto
7. Net Worth
Anand Mahindra's real time net worth as of 2/11/15 is $1.22 Billion and was included in Fortune Magazine's list of The World's 50 Greatest Leaders in 2014, and was also named as one of the top 25 most powerful business people in Asia for the year 2011.
Image: Mahindra Scorpio
Anand Mahindra is a keen photographer with a strong interest in films. He also enjoys listening to the Blues and helped set up an annual Mahindra Blues Festival in Mumbai in 2011. The Mahindra Blues festival is Asia's largest Blues festival, featuring some of the world's best Blues musicians for a two-day festival in Mumbai, India.
Image: Mahindra Thar
5. Connection With ARAI
As an industry participant, Anand Mahindra was the President of the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), which plays a crucial role in assuring less polluting, safe, and more efficient vehicles. ARAI provides technical expertise in R&D, testing, certification, homologation and framing of vehicle regulations.
Image: Mahindra Verito Vibe
4. Social Media
Anand Mahindra is one of the few businessmen who have adapted to social media quickly. His twitter handle @anandmahindra as of 2/11/15 has 2.54 million followers, and has been ranked third in the inaugural ‘WorldofCEOs.com' 2013 ranking of the ‘Top 30 CEOs on Social Media'.
Image: Mahindra XUV 500
3. The Nanhi Kali program
Did you know — Anand Mahindra was the man behind Nanhi Kali program, which provides free education to the girls in the country who are economically underprivileged. There are over 70,000 Nanhi Kalis across the country today. Project Nanhi Kali was initiated in 1996. He also co-founded Naandi Danone, which is the largest safe drinking water provider to rural areas of the country, which caters to nearly 3 million customers.
Image: Mahindra Xylo
2. What He Loves
Anand Mahindra is currently the Chairman and Managing Director of Mahindra Group. He enjoys sailing, tennis, world cinema, and reading. He lives in Mumbai along with wife Anuradha Mahindra, who is is the founder, editor and publisher of Verve, a lifestyle magazine. Anand and Anuradha have two daughters, Aalika and Divya.
Image: Mahindra Verito
Did you know - Anand Mahindra's donation of $10 million to the Harvard Humanities Center, which is being relaunched as the Mahindra Humanities Center is the largest personal donation overseas by an Indian. He is also the co-founder of the Harvard Business School Association of India, an association dedicated to the promotion of professional management in India.