- 3 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2020: Hyundai Creta Outsells Kia Seltos For Third Month In A Row
- 4 hrs ago Gordon Murray T.50: The Purest, Lightest & Most Driver-Centric Supercar Ever Built
- 6 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 7 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.09 Lakh
- Sports Hamilton hunting history in part two at Silverstone
- News Beirut explosion: Death toll rises to 113; Two-week state of emergency declared
- Finance 5 Obstacles In Claiming Health Insurance For COVID-19 Treatment
- Movies Aly Goni Opens Up About His Decision To Resume Work Amid The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Buds Live Unveiled With Active Noise Cancellation; Worthy Upgrade?
- Lifestyle Ram Mandir Bhoomi Poojan: Narendra Modi Lays The First Brick And Says It’s A Golden Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Just like human beings, automobiles have their own little interesting tales. We have put together a list of 10 unique car facts for you to browse through and smile at.
The world's first long distance drive, the world's first automobile accident and some unique trivia about horsepower are just some of the facts that we have compiled for you. Read on and be surprised!
That a horse possesses one horsepower is a myth. Horsepower is a basic unit of mechanical power that measures the power of your car. Some technical assessments of horsepower include converting one horsepower into 746 watts or 33,000 lbft of torque per minute. Based on these measurements, a horse produces only 0.7 horsepower.
The fuel gauge can tell you which side of your car your fuel tank is on. Carmakers have begun including a ‘secret triangle' or arrow next to the fuel pump icon in newer cars to indicate which side of the car your fuel tank is located.
The dashboard was originally a piece of wood attached to the front of a horse-drawn carriage that prevented mud from splattering on the carriage driver.
The highest-ever speeding fine was given to a Swedish man who was clocked at 180 mph in Switzerland, where fines are calculated according to the speed of the car and the driver's income. He was fined just over USD 1 million.
Holding a remote car key fob to your head doubles its range because the human skull acts as an amplifier!
The motor car has the unique distinction of currently being the most recycled product in the world. Up to 95 percent of retired automobiles are recycled every year, and thanks to modern technology, everything from floor mats and instrument panels to steel and aluminium can be used again in new cars and other products.
In 1924, Adolf Hitler was known to have begged Mercedes for a loan for a grey 11/40 limousine with spoked wheels and white wall tyres since royalties for his blueprint for power, Mein Kampf had still not reached him. Little wonder he wanted one so bad, since the car was a real beauty, as you can see.
The world's first automobile accident occured in 1771, when Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot's steam-powered, self-propelled ‘steam dray' lost control and ran into a wall. The damaged vehicle is preserved in the Conservative Nationale des Arts et Meteirs in Paris.
The world's first long distance drive was done by Carl Benz's wife, Bertha Benz who drove one of their Benz Patent-Motorwagens from Mannheim in southern Germany to Pforzheim on 12th August, 1888. She completed the trip in two days, covering 106 kilometres each way. The Benz Patent-Motorwagen was the first car in the world, and was driven by an internal combustion engine.
The longest duration anyone has owned and driven a car is 82 years. This record belongs to a man named Allen Swift, who received a gorgeous Rolls-Royce Piccadilly-P1 Roadster from his father as a graduation gift in 1928, and drove it till the time of his death at 102 years old! His folks must have been rather wealthy, since the car cost USD 10,900 at the time, or USD 141,700 in 2010 money.
We hope you enjoyed this little journey into the world of automobiles. Watch this space for more.