- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 14 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- News With 61 of 69 seats, how BJP took the Hindi Heartland back
- Technology Vivo Z5x, most affordable punch hole display smartphone launched for Rs 14,500
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Including a garage space in building plans has become a thing of the past. Real estate is at a premium and it seems like no one has the time and money to invest in a garage. As a result of this, cars are usually left exposed to the elements. But here are a few reasons explaining why one still needs to consider having a proper garage space.
Parking the car outside exposes one of the most valuable things of the family. The safety factor differs from one locality to another and while some areas might have the problem of theft, other areas might have the problem of vandalism. Parking the car inside a garage solves the problem by keeping unwanted elements away from the vehicle.
Protection From The Elements
Parking inside a garage protects the vehicle from the elements of nature that it would otherwise be exposed to. Rain, mud, slush, wind, extreme heat from the sun, etc can all damage the exteriors of a car for life.
A byproduct of leaving a car exposed to the aforementioned elements would be formation of dirt and acid on the car's paint. Rust and a weakened clear coat are more side effect of leaving a car exposed to the elements.
Protection From UV Damage
The Sun's rays are filled with Ultra-Violet radiation and this harmful to the car's paint. UV rays are known to be harmful to human skin and in the same way, it can cause fading of your car's paint and can cause oxidization of metal. Parking your car inside a garage or in the basement keeps the UV rays away from the gleaming paint on the car.
Protection Of Rubber Components
A car has many rubber components including bushes, wiper blades, pipes and hoses, etc. These rubber parts wear out prematurely when they are exposed to the sun, rain, wind and cold temperatures for a long period of time over and over again.
Wearing out of these rubber parts can give rise to unwanted problems like rattling and squeaking. The best way to avoid this is to park your car in a garage or basement.
Preserves Car Wax Coats
Most cars today come with an expensive polish and a wax coat. The wax coat or the teflon coating is done to protect the vehicle's paint, however, if the wax coat ot teflon coating is not taken good care of, the vehicle's paint can be spoilt. The best way to take care of the teflon coating and wax polish is to park the car in a garage or basement.
Prevents Interior Damage
Parking your car outside is not damaging just to the exterior but also takes a toll on the interiors. The dashboard and upholstery ends up fading. In some extreme cases, the music system too is affected as the speaker's membrane could crack. There is also a possibility for fabric that is stuck by glue to peel off due to the heat.
Longer Engine Life
When a car is parked inside a garage, the temperature under the hood stays stable and doesn't fluctuate with the rise or drop in outside temperatures. This keeps the engine oil at its optimal viscosity for engine start-up. This would keep the engine running smooth in the long run, in turn extending the engine life.
Increased Effectiveness Of Air-Conditioning
If parked outside, the car would either become too hot or too cold, depending on the temperature in the region. In this case, when the car is started up, the air-conditioning would have to work extra hard to heat up the interiors or cool down the interiors, depending on user preference and surrounding temperatures.
Thoughts On The Benefits Of Parking In A Garage
The benefits of parking vehicles indoor have always been known. However, with rapid expansion of urban areas and an increase in car buying, garages have lost their space in cities. This then is the time to place an emphasis on bringing back garages, so that caring for our cars and motorcycles becomes easier.