- 1 hr ago Welectric & MoEVing Partner To Accelerate Electrification Of The Last-Mile Delivery Operations
- 1 hr ago Isuzu D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander Expected To Launch This Week: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai i20 N-Line & Alcazar SUV Spied Testing Together: Here Are All The Details!
- 4 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Bookings & Delivery Timeline Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- News India has immense goodwill due to our foreign policy says Dr. Jaishankar at India Inc event
- Movies Richa Chadha, Kubbra Sait & Others Laud Twitter For Suspending Kangana Ranaut's Account!
- Sports So many lives at stake and never felt so helpless in life: Suresh Raina on COVID-19 crisis in India
- Technology Micromax, Dixon Technologies, Lava Apply For IT Hardware PLI Scheme
- Finance Petrol & Diesel Price Hiked For The Second Straight Day, Check Rates Here
- Lifestyle After Kangana Ranaut's Twitter Suspension, Anand Bhushan And Rimzim Dadu Also Cut Professional Ties With Her
- Education Allahabad University Exams 2021 Deferred And Announces Summer Vacation Till July 5
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In May
Many transport their two-wheelers by train from one part of the country to another. Majority do this to either get it to someone else or while planning a trip to the Himalayas. So have you ever thought how to transport your motorcycle or the process involved?
Here is the process involved and also, what you need to keep in mind while transporting your motorcycle by train to avoid damages.
1. As a parcel
2. Along with the passenger
If you are booking the motorcycle as a parcel, it has to be done in advance during the office working hours, which is usually between 10 in the morning to 5 in the evening. Also, you DO NOT NEED a journey ticket to send the vehicle as a parcel.
At the other end, when the parcel is received, you can collect it only during working hours again.
If you are taking the vehicle with you in the train or somebody is travelling along with the motorcycle, the person should reach and notify the luggage office at least 2 hours before departure.
The passenger should have a valid journey ticket and the parcel in this case can be collected at the luggage office around the clock. If the owner of the motorcycle or the two-wheeler is not travelling, the person travelling with the parcel should be authorised by the owner to take delivery.
In terms of validating the vehicle, the original Registration Certificate (RC) and insurance papers must be produced at the booking office. DO NOT LEAVE THEM BEHIND. It is only to verify the motorcycle.
You should also declare the value of the motorcycle, along with the bike's engine number, chassis number, registration number of the vehicle, ID proof, original station, destination station, address of the sender and receiver, etc.
Once all this is done, make sure you drain the fuel tank completely and then pack it with materials that comply with the railway authorities.
The necessary markings will be done by the railway authorities and they will hand you over a copy of papers that you will need to produce when receiving your parcel at the other end.
A few tips to keep in mind while packing is find out if the motorcycle can be packed using an old mattress. The mattress will be soft, so the paint is not harmed and also, there won't be damages to the motorcycle.
Another important factor is before you pack your motorcycle, loosen your clutch and brake levers so they hang loose. This will help the levers be intact and last the journey. Also, do the same with the handle bar mounts, so that the handle bar won't bend during the journey in case of an impact.
- Summer Riding Tips: 10 Must Know Safety Essentials