TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
The registration documents that you get when you buy a vehicle carry very important information as you would probably know. Not only does the registration officially prove your ownership of the vehicle, but it also acts as an address proof. Do you know that you need to have your current address on your registration documents, as and when you change your location of residence; particularly when you change states?
Vehicle registration documents need to be updated with the latest permanent address if you happen to move somewhere else. If this isn't done, it will be difficult to sell your vehicle with the registration documents showing your old address. However, the procedure to change the address is rather simple.
Change in Residency
An application for recording the change in residence in the Certificate of Registration of a Motor Vehicle shall be made by the owner of the vehicle in Form 33, duly paying the appropriate fee of Rs. 20/-
- Certificate of Registration
- Proof of Address
Furthermore, if you have changed your address from one state to another, you need to get the vehicle registered in the new state, as per the below procedure:
Assignment Of New Registration Mark On Removal Of Vehicle To Another State
Section 47 of M.V. Act 1988 provides for the assignment of new registration mark on removal of a vehicle to another state.
The application for assignment shall be made in Form 27 of CMV (Commercial Motor Vehicle) rules along with N.O.C specified under Section 48 of M.V Act 1988 issued in Form 28 of CMV rules 1989.
A time of 12 months is provided for re-assignment of a vehicle under Section 47 of M.V. Act.
- Registration Certificate
- Proof of Residence
- No Objection Certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Tax Payment