- 13 min ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 1 hr ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- News Relentlessly pursuing Zakir Naik extradition: India rebuts Malaysian PM’s statement
- Technology Samsung Experience Centre Opera House Gets New IoT Zone On Its First Anniversary
- Lifestyle World Patient Safety Day 2019: Significance And How Hospitals Ensure Patient Safety
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Announces Next - The Big Bull; To Be Produced By Ajay Devgn
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The registration documents that you get when you buy a vehicle carry very important information as you would probably know. Not only does the registration officially prove your ownership of the vehicle, but it also acts as an address proof. Do you know that you need to have your current address on your registration documents, as and when you change your location of residence; particularly when you change states?
Vehicle registration documents need to be updated with the latest permanent address if you happen to move somewhere else. If this isn't done, it will be difficult to sell your vehicle with the registration documents showing your old address. However, the procedure to change the address is rather simple.
Change in Residency
An application for recording the change in residence in the Certificate of Registration of a Motor Vehicle shall be made by the owner of the vehicle in Form 33, duly paying the appropriate fee of Rs. 20/-
- Certificate of Registration
- Proof of Address
Furthermore, if you have changed your address from one state to another, you need to get the vehicle registered in the new state, as per the below procedure:
Assignment Of New Registration Mark On Removal Of Vehicle To Another State
Section 47 of M.V. Act 1988 provides for the assignment of new registration mark on removal of a vehicle to another state.
The application for assignment shall be made in Form 27 of CMV (Commercial Motor Vehicle) rules along with N.O.C specified under Section 48 of M.V Act 1988 issued in Form 28 of CMV rules 1989.
A time of 12 months is provided for re-assignment of a vehicle under Section 47 of M.V. Act.
- Registration Certificate
- Proof of Residence
- No Objection Certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Tax Payment