Buying a car is definitely a major decision, one that needs to be carefully researched and analysed. A major component that could turn out to be the deciding factor is the engine.
So, here we look at the top ten most reliable engines based on data released by a leading U.K automobile insurance company, Warranty Direct. Which automaker do you think will take the top spot Find out.
10. Land Rover: The Tata owned SUV brand from UK has a failure rate of 1 in 72.
9. Nissan: The makers of Micra and Sunny have a failure rate of 1 in 76.
8. Ford: Known for its affordable vehicles, the American brand has a failure rate of 1 in 80.
7. Fiat: Not yet a major brand in India, the Italian makers of Punto have a failure rate of 1 in 85.
6. Lexus: Toyota's luxury brand may not be a presence in India, but stands high in the reliability index, at 1 in 101.
5. Jaguar: Arguably U.K's most loved car brand, also owned by Tata has a failure rate of 1 in 103
4. Volvo: This Swedish manufacturer is best known for making cars that rate high in occupant safety. Failure rate is 1 in 111
3. Mercedes-Benz: This premium car manufacturer has been doing well in India over the past few years and is the only German brand to feature in this list. Failure rate is 1 in 119.
2. Toyota: The Japanese manufacturer is highly trusted in India and for good reason. Failure rate is 1 in 171.
1. Honda: One of the more well known car and bike manufacturer in the world, Honda stands first in Warranty Direct's engine reliability list. Failure rate is just 1 in 344 or 0.29%
Do you own cars from anyone of these brands?