- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 10 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 11 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 12 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Technology Spectrum Auction Might Increase Debt Of Telecom Industry: ICRA
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Finance Sun Pharma Q4 Profit Falls 37% On One-Time Expenditure
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Its been four years since the launch of the Duster and in that time the compact SUV has emerged as the best selling product for Renault Group. The Duster has now achieved its first major milestone by reaching the 1 million vehicle mark.
The Duster is sold around the world either wearing the Renault or its subsidiary Dacia's badge. Dacia and Renault combined manufacture the Duster in five manufacturing plants in different parts of the world and sell it in 100 different countries.
The 1 million vehicle was produced at Renault's production facility in Curitiba, Brazil and will be sold locally. The other facilities were the Duster is manufactured in are located in Pitesti (Romania), Curitiba (Brazil), Envigado (Colombia), Moscow (Russia) and Chennai (India).
The Duster has changed the fortunes of the Renault Group and it has performed particularly well in Russia, France, Brazil, India and Germany, in that particular order. The number of Duster compact SUVs sold till date in these countries are 151,633, 145,612, 117,303, 85,974 and 70,159 units respectively.
"Duster is a truly global success story," explains Arnaud Deboeuf, the Renault Group's Entry Programme Director. "With Renault branding, it perfectly meets the demands of our international customers and is contributing to Renault's expansion in emerging markets. At the same time, the Dacia-badged version sold in Europe and our Mediterranean Basin markets has succeeded in attracting a new clientele to the brand thanks to the styling and genuine all-terrain capability it delivers for an affordable price. Duster is definitely a model that is winning us new customers."
DON'T MISS: FACEBOOK VIDEO OF THE DAY