- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: India Vs Pakistan: Highlights: Rohit, Kohli inspire India to rout of Pakistan
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Its been four years since the launch of the Duster and in that time the compact SUV has emerged as the best selling product for Renault Group. The Duster has now achieved its first major milestone by reaching the 1 million vehicle mark.
The Duster is sold around the world either wearing the Renault or its subsidiary Dacia's badge. Dacia and Renault combined manufacture the Duster in five manufacturing plants in different parts of the world and sell it in 100 different countries.
The 1 million vehicle was produced at Renault's production facility in Curitiba, Brazil and will be sold locally. The other facilities were the Duster is manufactured in are located in Pitesti (Romania), Curitiba (Brazil), Envigado (Colombia), Moscow (Russia) and Chennai (India).
The Duster has changed the fortunes of the Renault Group and it has performed particularly well in Russia, France, Brazil, India and Germany, in that particular order. The number of Duster compact SUVs sold till date in these countries are 151,633, 145,612, 117,303, 85,974 and 70,159 units respectively.
"Duster is a truly global success story," explains Arnaud Deboeuf, the Renault Group's Entry Programme Director. "With Renault branding, it perfectly meets the demands of our international customers and is contributing to Renault's expansion in emerging markets. At the same time, the Dacia-badged version sold in Europe and our Mediterranean Basin markets has succeeded in attracting a new clientele to the brand thanks to the styling and genuine all-terrain capability it delivers for an affordable price. Duster is definitely a model that is winning us new customers."
DON'T MISS: FACEBOOK VIDEO OF THE DAY