- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- News Unlock 5.0 guidelines: Here is what to expect
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5 Launched In India For Rs. 2,499
- Movies Varun Dhawan To Start Shooting For Raj Mehta's Romantic Comedy
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Essential Oils For Relieving Headaches And Migraine
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO: Retail Portion Subscribed Fully On Day 1
- Sports Coronavirus: Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka put off once again
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, India is currently facing a nationwide lockdown. Businesses have resumed but under the guidelines set by the Government. Automobile manufacturers are doing their best to safeguard their dealers and customers from this crisis.
Volkswagen India launched its comprehensive '#VWellnessIndia' program across all touchpoints keeping in mind the safety and security of all its stakeholders. Through this program, the company aims to provide and maintain health, hygiene and sanitization standards across its facilities.
The program will also ensure employee safety, help rebuild customer confidence and provide peace of mind when a customer decides to visit a Volkswagen dealership or service workshop. The company has created a comprehensive guideline document that will act as a prescribed manual to undertake safety measures across the network facilities. The measures include hygiene practices, timely sanitization of the facility and vehicles, thermal scanning, safe distancing, wearing of masks and gloves, placement and usage of hand sanitizers.
Commenting on the initiative undertaken, Mr. Steffen Knapp, the Director at Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "At Volkswagen, safety is in our DNA, which isn't limited to our vehicles but also extends to human well-being. The #VWellnessIndia program provides our network extensive details on sanitization and contactless measures that need to be implemented for business continuity. We aim to offer our customers complete peace of mind and a hassle free experience while visiting a Volkswagen sales and service facility."
Volkswagen is also asking their network facility staff to wear protective gear and perform contactless greetings while welcoming customers. The brand is providing hand gloves and masks across 137 sales, and 116 service touchpoints. Moreover, all sanitized and disinfected touchpoints will be branded by Volkswagen's ‘Safe & Sanitized' logo.
In other recent news, Volkswagen launched the TSI edition Polo and Vento models in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 7.89 lakh and Rs 10.99 . Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The 1.0-litre TSI engine on the Volkswagen Polo and Vento produces the same 110bhp of power and 175Nm of peak torque and is mated to a new six-speed manual transmission as standard.
Thoughts About The New Program Initiative By VW Amidst COVID-19
The government has given permission to resume business operations following strict guidelines. It is good to see that manufacturers are following the rules and regulations to keep their staff and customers safe and sound, while conducting business.