TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Tesla revealed the 'Semi' electric truck earlier this month, promising 400 miles (644km) of charge in just 30 minutes through a new "mega charger" to be manufactured by the company.
In a report published by FT.com, one of Europe's leading energy consultancies has predicted that Tesla's electric haulage truck will need the same energy is equivalent to power 4,000 homes.
John Feddersen, chief executive of Aurora Energy Research, said the energy required for the mega charger to charge a battery in that amount of time would be 1,600 kilowatts.
The amount of energy required to recharge the Tesla truck translates to powering 3,000-4,000 "average" houses, Fedderson added.
While Tesla has installed superchargers for its electric cars, the scope of megachargers by Tesla for haulage trucks is still quite challenging. Tesla has not revealed when it will start offering the network of megachargers despite confirming that the Tesla Semi will be rolled out from 2019.
The numbers are indeed mind-boggling, but Tesla has surprised us with its technological advancements in electric vehicle development, and we expect the electric vehicle manufacturer to offer the best for its customers.