TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Hyundai's Project Go Green aims to increase the green cover in the state as well as promote environmental friendly products. As part of the village adoption programme, five villages in Tamil Nadu have been chosen and volunteers will instruct villagers about hygiene and cleanliness. The Hyundai foundation will also provide safe drinking water to schools and provide help to self help groups.
As part of the new initiatives, 120 new volunteers from the Koran Happy Move volunteer organisation have joined the foundation's activities. The Hyundai foundation is currently upgrading the living and sanitation conditions in several villages. A number of schools have already been adopted and have been provided with necessary updates.
HMIF has donated 450 sets of benches to government schools. It has also sunk ten bore wells in schools to provide water. Hyundai Motors has invested more than Rs.20 crores in several CSR programmes through its foundation. The carmaker which funds its foundation through the revenue generated through car sales intends to engage with customers to raise more awareness about its activities.