- 4 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 20 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- 23 hrs ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- News Farmer protest: MHA temporarily suspends internet
- Movies Sonali Phogat Takes A Dig At Rubina Dilaik; Says She Can Do Fareb To Win The Show
- Sports Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Impressive Punjab knock out defending champions Karnataka
- Technology FAU-G Goes Official In India: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Ford, the American carmaker has developed a new solar panel that can be fitted on top of cars. This new innovation can be used in electric cars according to Ford. The solar panel has been developed by Ford with co-operation from SunPower.
Carmakers are now building fully electric cars. Nissan has already launched the Leaf electric car and Mitsubishi is selling the iMiev electric car. Ford is considering to develop an electric version of its Focus small car. Ford is currently selling a plug-in hybrid version of the focus in the US that can be equipped with this solar panel that costs about $9,500
While electric cars are considered eco-friendly, environmentalists say electric cars can only be considered clean if the source of electricity used to charge these cars also clean. Ford's new solar panel for electric cars will definitely make electric cars truly eco-friendly.
There are several cars that have already used solar panels such as the Toyota Prius, Mazda 929 and the Fisker Karma. While all these models used the generated solar power to power ancillaries this is the first time solar power will be used to to move the car.