- 33 min ago KTM Adventure 390 Launched At Rs 2.99 Lakh: Bookings Officially Open At Rs 10,000
- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon EV Review (First Drive): India’s First All-Electric Compact-SUV
- 16 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- Technology Nubia Red Magic 5G Gaming Smartphone Bags 3C Certification: 55W Fast Charging Tipped
- Finance Budget 2020: Pushing Demand To Boost Economy Would Be Key
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Gets Trolled For Claiming There Was No Concept of India Till The British
- News Modi extracts wealth from India's poor, gives it to 'crony capitalist friends': Rahul Gandhi
- Sports Australian Open 2020: Novak Djokovic results and form ahead of second-round match with Tatsuma Ito
- Lifestyle 10 Healthy And Affordable Foods To Stack Up In Your Kitchen Right Now
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Ford, the American carmaker has developed a new solar panel that can be fitted on top of cars. This new innovation can be used in electric cars according to Ford. The solar panel has been developed by Ford with co-operation from SunPower.
Carmakers are now building fully electric cars. Nissan has already launched the Leaf electric car and Mitsubishi is selling the iMiev electric car. Ford is considering to develop an electric version of its Focus small car. Ford is currently selling a plug-in hybrid version of the focus in the US that can be equipped with this solar panel that costs about $9,500
While electric cars are considered eco-friendly, environmentalists say electric cars can only be considered clean if the source of electricity used to charge these cars also clean. Ford's new solar panel for electric cars will definitely make electric cars truly eco-friendly.
There are several cars that have already used solar panels such as the Toyota Prius, Mazda 929 and the Fisker Karma. While all these models used the generated solar power to power ancillaries this is the first time solar power will be used to to move the car.