- News Monkeypox spreads only through monkeys? 6 myths about the infection busted
- Movies MIFF 2022: 102 Documentary, Short Fiction And Animation Films Competing For Golden Conch & Silver Conch Awards
- Sports Sri Lanka pummel Bangladesh by 10 wickets in 2nd Test; Mushfiqur Rahim, Liton Das' heroics in vain
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Finance Small-Cap Stock To Buy: This Construction Stock Can Gain 28%: Highest-Ever Revenue In Q4
- Lifestyle Actress Kriti Sanon Is A Dream In Pink Ethnic Wear - See Pics!
- Technology How To Mark Parking Spot In Google Maps
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Carmakers are now building fully electric cars. Nissan has already launched the Leaf electric car and Mitsubishi is selling the iMiev electric car. Ford is considering to develop an electric version of its Focus small car. Ford is currently selling a plug-in hybrid version of the focus in the US that can be equipped with this solar panel that costs about $9,500
While electric cars are considered eco-friendly, environmentalists say electric cars can only be considered clean if the source of electricity used to charge these cars also clean. Ford's new solar panel for electric cars will definitely make electric cars truly eco-friendly.
There are several cars that have already used solar panels such as the Toyota Prius, Mazda 929 and the Fisker Karma. While all these models used the generated solar power to power ancillaries this is the first time solar power will be used to to move the car.