- 2016 EICMA Motorcycle Show: Hero MotoCorp Debuts Dawn 125 Motorcycle
- 2016 EICMA Motorcycle Show: Benelli Confirms TRK 502 & Leoncino Will Launch By 2017
- 2016 EICMA Motor Show: Vespa Elettrica Project Scooter Has Been Unveiled
- 2016 EICMA Motorcycle Show: Manic KTM Duke 790 Prototype Revealed
- 2016 EICMA Motorcycle Show: 2017 KTM RC 390 Showcased With 'Major' Updates
- 2016 EICMA Motorcycle Show: BMW R nineT Urban G/S Revealed
Austrian Motorcycle manufacturer KTM has unveiled the new Duke 390 at the 2016 EICMA Motorcycle Show in the Italian city of Milan. The all new KTM Duke 390 will make its way to India soon.
The new Duke 390 is powered by a 373cc single cylinder engine that produces 43.3bhp @ 9,000rpm and 37Nm of torque @7,000rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The slipper clutch is standard on the new bike which also gets adjustable brake and clutch levers.
The engine has been tuned to be better refinement and smoother power delivery. The Duke 390 uses a side-mounted exhaust to help it comply with stricter Euro-IV emission norms.
The fuel tank is now larger at 13.4-litres (the previous 390 has a 11-litre tank) but the 390 has gained an extra 10 kilos in weight and now weighs in at 149 kilograms (dry).
However, the biggest change to the new Duke 390 comes in the form of design as it adopts a design based on the 1290 Super Duke with the bifurcated LED headlamp up front.
The sculpted fuel tank extends outwards to the front with the help of some rather pointed panels.
The rear end of the new bike has been revised heavily as well with a new subframe and a wedge shaped taillamp along with stepped seats.
The new Duke 390 features 43mm upside down forks which are lighter than the ones on the current bike. The rear maintains the monoshock setup. The front brake is also 20mm larger at 320mm.
The new TFT display up front showcases all the relevant details that the rider needs like the speed, gear, odo and trip meters, fuel gauge etc.
The TFT Display also features Bluetooth connectivity allowing riders to attend to calls and listen to music on the go
The new KTM Duke 390 will be manufactured at Bajaj's manufacturing plant in Chakan, Maharashtra is expected to go sale in India in early 2017.
KTM Duke 390 Spec Sheet
- Engine Type - Single cylinder, 4-stroke
- Displacement - 373.2 cc
- Bore - 89mm
- Stroke - 60mm
- Max. Power - 43.3bhp @ 9,000rpm
- Torque - 37 Nm at 7,000 r / min
- Compression ratio - 12.6: 1
- Gearbox - 6-speed