BMW has launched the BMW X1 SUV in India. The X1 was unveiled by Indian Cricketing Genius, Sachin Tendulkar. Prices for the smallest BMW SUV start at Rs. 29.90 lakhs, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Variants And Prices
The BMW X1 is currently available with a diesel engine in India. A petrol powered variant is expected to launch later this year.
- The all-new BMW X1 sDrive20d Expedition : Rs. 29,90,000
- The all-new BMW X1 sDrive20d xLine : Rs. 33,90,000
- The all-new BMW X1 xDrive20d xLine : Rs. 35,90,000
- The all-new BMW X1 xDrive20d M Sport : Rs. 39,90,000
Engine And Gearbox Details
Currently, BMW is only offering the X1 with a diesel engine in India.
- Engine Capacity - 2.0-litres
- Power - 188bhp@4,000rpm
- Torque - 400Nm@1,750-2,500rpm
- 0–100km/h - 7.6 seconds
- Top Speed - 219km/h
- Mileage - 20.8km/l
Top Safety Features Of The BMW X1
- 6 airbags
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with brake assist
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
- Cornering Brake Control
- Hill Descent Control
- Runflat tyres with reinforced sidewalls
- Electronic Vehicle Immobiliser
- Crash sensor
Availability And Rivals
The BMW is available to order at any of BMW's showrooms across India and deliveries will begin in April. The major rivals of the new X1 are the Audi Q3 and the Mercedes Benz GLA.