- 50 min ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen Tiguan Deliveries Commence In India: Prices Start From Rs 31.99 Lakh
- 18 hrs ago Tata Tigor CNG Vs Hyundai Aura CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 23 hrs ago Tata Punch Vs Nissan Magnite: Where Should You Put Your Hard Earned Money?
- News After Jitin Prasada, RPN Singh to join BJP ahead of polls?
- Finance This Stock Is A Good Buy For Its Dividend, Debt Free And Cash Rich Status
- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Umar Riaz & Rajiv Adatia Have Ginger Tea Together; The Latter Shares Pictures On Social Media
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus 10 Pro, Xiaomi 12 Pro, Galaxy A52s 5G, Realme 9 Pro +, And More
- Sports Things to know about Bundesliga left-back Chelsea are targeting
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
- Lifestyle Indian-Origin Scientist Among UBC Researchers Unveil World's 1st Molecular-Level Analysis Of Omicron
- Education NBEMS FDST Admit Card 2022 Released At nbe.edu.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Ticket
Bharath (BH) Series plate has been launched in India. The registration for the BH Series plate will come into effect from September 15, 2021. The new rule is being proposed for Defence, Central /State Govt, Central/ State PSUs and Pvt sector Cos/organizations employees.
However, the company has to have offices in four or more States or UTs to become eligible for the new BH Series vehicle registration plate.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is offering centralized vehicle numbers under the new series plate. This allows free movement of personal vehicles across any state of India upon relocation to a new state.
According to a government circular, the format for the BH Series plate will be YY BH #### XX
- YY: Year of first registration
- BH- Code for Bharat Series
- ####- 0000 to 9999 (randomized)
- XX- Alphabets (AA to ZZ)
- No Objection Certificate from the Parent State for assignment of a new registration mark in another state.
- Assignment of new registration mark after the road tax on a pro-rata basis is paid in the new State
- Application for refund of the road tax in the parent State on a pro-rata basis.
As mentioned earlier, this vehicle registration facility under "Bharat Series (BH-Series)" will be available on a voluntary basis to Defense personnel, employees of Central Government/ State Government/ Central/ State Public Sector Undertakings and private sector companies/organizations, which have their offices in four or more States/Union territories.
Under the BH Series, the motor vehicle road tax will be paid once in two years for 14 years from the date of registration. After completion of the fourteenth year, the motor vehicle road tax is paid annually, which will be half of the amount which was charged earlier for that vehicle.
Here is how you can apply for one
During the registration of vehicle:
1. If the applicant working for the private sector, he/she should have a From 60 attached to the vehicle registration document.
2. If the applicant working for the government sector, he/she should attach the Official Identity Card to the vehicle registration document.
Apart from this, the applicant has to pay the road tax for two years depending on the invoice price excluding GST. Here is how much you'll have to pay under the BH-Series registration.
|Invoice Price||Tax Percentage|
|Below Rs 10 lakh||8%|
|Rs 10-20 lakh||10%|
|Above Rs 20 lakh||12%|
Additionally, diesel vehicles will be charged 2 per cent extra, while electric vehicles will be charged 2% less tax
All applications will be processed via the online portal with numbers generated randomly. The BH-Series plate will be having black text on white background.
MoRTH is yet to announce the procedure completely to apply for the registration of the BH-Series plate in India. However, the procedure should remain the same for new & old vehicles with old ones getting the road tax back on a pro-rata basis.
What was the rule earlier for the inter-state relocation of vehicles?
Based on the existing law, private vehicle owners can use the vehicle in a new state with the old state registration for 12 months. They are required to re-register with the new state within 12 months after relocating. A passenger vehicle user takes the following steps to re-register a vehicle.
This provision to get a refund from the parent State on a pro-rata basis is a very cumbersome process and varies from one State to another. As a result, the new BH-Series plate is being introduced to remove the pain points in the inter-state relocation of vehicles.
Thoughts About The Bharath (BH) Series Plate Launched In India
Re-registration of the vehicle while moving to another state is one of the pain points in the vehicle registration process that needed attention. As a result, the new BH-Series will allow free movement of vehicles for employees relocating to other cities regularly. However, the tax for the BH-Series plate will still have to be paid on a biennial basis for the 14 years of registration.