- 7 min ago 2020 Toyota Fortuner TRD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 34.98 Lakh
- 41 min ago Ferrari F8 Tributo Goes On Sale In India: Prices For The Supercar Start From Rs 4.02 Crore
- 1 hr ago Yamaha FZ 25 & FZS 25 BS6 Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries Could Begin Soon
- 3 hrs ago Audi RS Q8 Bookings Commence Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Movies Sushant Couldn't Sleep For 4 Nights During #MeToo Allegations, Reveals Director Kushal Zaveri
- News Beirut blast: 700 tonnes of Ammonium Nitrate stored in Chennai; Concerns raised
- Technology Google Pixel Foldable Phone Confirmed Via Leaked Document; How Different Will It Be?
- Finance Kisan Rail To Begin Services On 7 August
- Sports It's official! BCCI, Vivo suspend title sponsorship for IPL 2020
- Lifestyle Nargis Fakhri Will Make You Want To Elevate Your Glam Style With Her Outfits And Jewellery
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Skoda Auto India had launched an online booking platform earlier this year, wherein customers could go to their official website and book their favourite Skoda car. However, the company got an overwhelming response from the customers across the country.
On seeing this, the company has decided to broaden the scope of its contactless services, which will now include product consultations and demonstrations. On the other hand, Skoda is also organising test drives, which can be arranged at the customer's residence. By doing this the customers will not need to visit the showrooms and maintain the social distance norms due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mr. Zac Hollis, Brand Director, ŠKODA AUTO India said, "The ŠKODA AUTO contactless programme testifies our commitment to use technology as a tool to stay connected with our customers and deliver an uncompromised sales and service experience, more so in these unprecedented circumstances. The latest initiative provides customers with an opportunity to explore and experience our exciting new range of products from the comfort of their home."
So how exactly does this initiative work? Customers will have to sign up on the company's official website, after that they will get a video call link on their smartphones, tablets or personal computers for a live consultation and virtual product demonstration. This feature will be available at 80 plus dealerships across the country.
With the latest MySKODA mobile application, the company will provide a one-on-one interaction between an existing or a prospective customer and the brand. This application allows the customers to locate the nearest dealership facility, book a service appointment, access service history, cost calculator, accessories shop and itemized billing record.
In other latest Skoda news, the all-new Skoda Octavia was spotted testing, completely undisguised, on the outskirts of Pune. This is the first time that the sedan has been spotted testing in the country. Mechanically, the new Octavia, expected to be powered by a 1.5-litre TSI engine producing 148bhp of power and a 2.0-litre TSI turbo petrol engine pumping out 188bhp of power.
Thoughts About The Contactless Program Launched By Skoda India
Through this contactless program, Skoda India will make the customers' lives easy. As now, the customers can relax at home and get to know everything they want to with a click of a button and maintain social distancing at the same time.