- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago New Maruti Suzuki Ignis Facelift India Launch Date Revealed: Here Are All The Details
- 10 hrs ago Hero Electric Flash Scooter Limited Period Discounts: Benefits And Offers Up To Rs 10,500
- 13 hrs ago Tata Is Set To Launch The Facelifted BS6 Nexon On 22 January
- Technology Best Selling Samsung Mobiles On Sale At Flipkart Republic Day Sale And Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu, 17 MLAs taken in police custody
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Lifestyle Did You Know These Side Effects Of Green Tea?
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Mercedes-Benz has just announced that is has retained its position as the market leader in the Indian luxury segments for a fifth year in a row. The German auto manufacturer witnessed a growth of sales during the last quarter of 2019.
Mercedes registers its highest-ever ‘fourth quarter' sales during last year, and sold 3,871 units in total. This translates to a 3.3 percent year-on-year growth for a fourth quarter.
The company's India sales volumes grew 15.41 percent during the fourth quarter. Total sales for the year 2019 stand at 13,786 units - an impressive number for a luxury car manufacturer during a recession.
Mercedes launched three new products during the October to December period last year - the G 350 D, the V-Class, and the GLC. In addition, the company also launched a financial program called WISHBOX to assist buyers.
In addition, Mercedes-Benz witnessed a spike in sales during the recent festive season.
Mr Martin Schwenk, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Mercedes-Benz India said, "We are satisfied with our sales performance in 2019 despite facing strong macro-economic headwinds, specifically in the first three quarters."
"We were however able to positively influence the customer sentiment with our industry-best customer solutions and achieved the new best ever Q4. 2019 was a significant year as we not only introduced a host of new products," he added.
The year was also significant for Mercedes-Benz because the company launched its new MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) technology, introduced the ‘Mercedes me connect' (connected car services), and also service initiatives like ‘Premiere Express Prime'.
The launches of new vehicles, and new tech, and the customer-first initiatives created what the company calls ‘a solid momentum' that helped increase sales, and helped retain its crown in the segment.
AMG and Dream Cars did well too, growing at 54 percent, on a year-on-year basis. AMG continues to remain the most sought after performance brand in India.
AMG and Dream Cars segments grew by 54 percent during 2019, as compared to the year 2018. This growth indicates and underlines the strength of the AMGs and Dream Cars in the domestic market.
The Long Wheelbase E-Class sedan continued its sales success, and was the single highest selling model for the brand during 2019. SUVs comprising of the GLA, the GLC, the GLE, and the GLS remained the strongest selling in their segments.
Thoughts About Mercedes Leading The Luxury Car Segments In Sales
It's not a surprise that Mercedes has retained its crown as king of the luxury car segments. The company offers world class products, and offers brilliant after sales support. Congratulations to the entire team at Merc!