- 58 min ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 2 hrs ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Gets Emotional At Cousin Priyaank's Haldi Ceremony; Also See Pics From Beach Party
- Technology How To Activate International Roaming Services On Reliance Jio Numbers
- News Explained: Will Rahul Gandhi win over south Indian votes by sea-diving, dancing and eating biryani?
- Sports Rumour Has It: Chelsea make move for Donnarumma, Bayern seal new Musiala deal
- Lifestyle Pink, Red, Or Green, Which Saree Of Tamannaah Bhatia Did You Like The Most?
- Finance PNB Housing Finance Inks Agreement With Yes Bank For Co-Lending
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
Mercedes-Benz has just announced that is has retained its position as the market leader in the Indian luxury segments for a fifth year in a row. The German auto manufacturer witnessed a growth of sales during the last quarter of 2019.
Mercedes registers its highest-ever ‘fourth quarter' sales during last year, and sold 3,871 units in total. This translates to a 3.3 percent year-on-year growth for a fourth quarter.
The company's India sales volumes grew 15.41 percent during the fourth quarter. Total sales for the year 2019 stand at 13,786 units - an impressive number for a luxury car manufacturer during a recession.
Mercedes launched three new products during the October to December period last year - the G 350 D, the V-Class, and the GLC. In addition, the company also launched a financial program called WISHBOX to assist buyers.
In addition, Mercedes-Benz witnessed a spike in sales during the recent festive season.
Mr Martin Schwenk, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Mercedes-Benz India said, "We are satisfied with our sales performance in 2019 despite facing strong macro-economic headwinds, specifically in the first three quarters."
"We were however able to positively influence the customer sentiment with our industry-best customer solutions and achieved the new best ever Q4. 2019 was a significant year as we not only introduced a host of new products," he added.
The year was also significant for Mercedes-Benz because the company launched its new MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) technology, introduced the ‘Mercedes me connect' (connected car services), and also service initiatives like ‘Premiere Express Prime'.
The launches of new vehicles, and new tech, and the customer-first initiatives created what the company calls ‘a solid momentum' that helped increase sales, and helped retain its crown in the segment.
AMG and Dream Cars did well too, growing at 54 percent, on a year-on-year basis. AMG continues to remain the most sought after performance brand in India.
AMG and Dream Cars segments grew by 54 percent during 2019, as compared to the year 2018. This growth indicates and underlines the strength of the AMGs and Dream Cars in the domestic market.
The Long Wheelbase E-Class sedan continued its sales success, and was the single highest selling model for the brand during 2019. SUVs comprising of the GLA, the GLC, the GLE, and the GLS remained the strongest selling in their segments.
Thoughts About Mercedes Leading The Luxury Car Segments In Sales
It's not a surprise that Mercedes has retained its crown as king of the luxury car segments. The company offers world class products, and offers brilliant after sales support. Congratulations to the entire team at Merc!