- 4 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Afridi asks former Pak greats to follow Dravid's footsteps in grooming young talents
- News Covid-19 vaccination Day 1: 1 ‘severe’, 51 ‘minor’ cases of adverse events reported in Delhi
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The demand for SUVs has seen a substantial increase across the world, mostly because of the practicality it offers. The compact-SUV segment is one among the most competitive space in the Indian market and is getting added with new models soon.
The soon-to-be-launch Kia Sonet is expected to be the latest entrant to the segment. The company has also listed the compact-SUV on its official Indian website ahead of launch. Kia will be premiering the Sonet on August 7, 2020, globally.
The SUV is expected to go on sale sometime during this year's festive season in India. Ahead of its launch, the company has teased the SUV revealing some of its features. However, the Sonet has also been spied testing recently revealing more features expected with the SUV — here are all details.
Starting with the design, the upcoming Sonet will feature the brand's signature tiger-nose grille, LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, and faux skid plates at both ends. At the rear, it will feature split-tail lamps with an LED light bar running across the boot-lid along with an integrated roof spoiler and an LED stop lamp.
On the side, it will come equipped with dual-tone alloy wheels, roof rails and chunky body cladding around. The SUV is expected to feature an imposing SUV stance with an aggressive-looking front fascia.
On the inside, Kia is expected to pack the SUV with a host of features including the best-in-class 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system. It will support Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest iteration of UVO connected features as well.
Other features that are expected to come equipped with the SUV includes rear aircon vents, multiple drive modes, a premium sound system, a sunroof, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls and more. The Sonet will also feature a blind spot monitoring system, multiple airbags, ABS and other standard safety features.
Kia Motors is expected to offer the Sonet with multiple powertrain options that are currently powering the Hyundai Venue. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine, a 1.5 diesel oil burner, and a 1.0 turbo-petrol motor. With a wide variety of engines, the company is also offering the SUV with various transmissions.
All three engines are expected to be offered with manual and automatic options. The 1.2-litre petrol will come mated to a five-speed manual or an iVT automatic. The 1.5-litre diesel will come mated to a six-speed manual with an optional torque converter. While the top-spec 1.0-litre turbo engine will be offered with either an iMT or a seven-speed DCT.
Thoughts About The Kia Sonet Listed On Official Website Ahead Of India Launch
The Kia Sonet is expected to be a feature-packed SUV much like the other model in the brand's line-up. The South Korean automaker has enjoyed the success of the Seltos and the Carnival MPV, which has brought in good numbers for the brand. The Sonet is expected to carry the same momentum in sales for the brand in India.