- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 11 hrs ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- 12 hrs ago Osmania University Students Build Formula Race Car From Scratch — Powered By A 390cc Engine?
- 12 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Hardtop Spotted: Spy Pics And Details
- Movies iSmart Shankar Box Office Collections Day 3: A Terrific Day For The Ram Pothineni Starrer!
- News Heart filled with grief: Sonia Gandhi's emotional letter to Dikshit's son
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls begin title defence with win over Patna Pirates
- Technology TRAI Seeks Views On KYC Of DTH Set-Top Boxes
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Toyota USA has released a new Super Bowl LIII commercial starring the 2019 Supra. Super Bowl commercials are considered the best in the advertisement business. The one-minute commercials in between the American football (rugby) championship match cost millions of dollars a slot, and bring the best of creativity, visual effects and brand image.
Super Bowl commercials are watched by thousands in the US and across the world. For the same reason, the videos have to be the very best; the Toyota Supra's "Wizard" commercial being a good example.
Audi USA has also released their Super Bowl commercial, weirdly called as "Cashew". Audi is often regarded as the king of Super Bowl commercials and the latest addition highlights the brand's electric future — watch the hilariously-cool video now!
Coming back to the Supra's Super Bowl LIII commercial, the video is set in a pinball theme and involves a lot of sideways action amidst a range of obstacles. To create the perfect mood, The Who's "Pinball Wizard" plays in the background as the JDM sportscar marks its return after 17 years.
The 2020 Toyota Supra, the successor to the legendary A80 model which was discontinued back in 2002, was developed by the Japanese brand's motorsport division, Toyota Gazoo Racing (GR). Under the hood is 'not' the iconic 2JZ-GTE engine, but a BMW straight-six.
Yes, the new-generation Toyota Supra has got some Bavarian roots and shares a major portion of its platform with the latest BMW Z4 sportscar. The 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged six-cylinder engine makes 335bhp and 495Nm of torque, while mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Performance figures of the 1541-kilogram sportscar are impressive as well. The new Toyota Supra can hit 100km/h from a standstill in just 4.1 seconds and do a top speed of 250km/h.
In the USA, the GR Supra is available in three formats: base, Premium and Launch Edition. Prices start at 50,920 US dollars or roughly Rs 36.6 lakh (before taxes). There is no news about an Indian debut and we do not expect a formal announcement in this regard either.
Thoughts On The Toyota Supra's 2019 Super Bowl Commercial
Toyota has made the return of the JDM icon to US soil nothing short of grand, by featuring it in an awesome Super Bowl commercial. The automotive community across the world has been eagerly waiting for a worthy successor to the "supercar killer of the '90s" (sparing the R34 Skyline GT-R for a moment), and the Toyota Supra's "Wizard" commercial seems to be the perfect welcome gift from the US market.