- 21 min ago Gogoro Viva Electric Scooter Patented In India: Will It Be Sold By Hero MotoCorp?
- 45 min ago Ford Patents In-Car Advertising Technology: Reads Roadside Advertisements & Displays It On Infotainment Screen
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Thar New Base Variant In The Works With New Engine: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago MoEVing Partners With Hero Electric To Accelerate The Growth Of Electric Delivery Vehicles
- News Mucormycosis: Govt to ramp up Amphotericin B production to ensure availability of anti-fungal drug
- Finance BOB Has Released Important Banking Services & Numbers For Its Customers
- Technology MTNL Revises Five Packs; Offering 2GB Data Per Day And Unlimited Calling
- Movies Ram Pothineni Pens A Heartfelt Eulogy For His Grandfather; ‘You’ve Always Had The Heart Of A King’
- Sports India tour of England 2021: Indian cricketers to get second dose of Covid-19 vaccine in UK
- Lifestyle Style Alert: 4 Times Manushi Chhillar Showed Us How To Flaunt Wide-Leg Pants Stylishly And Effortlessly
- Education IIT Delhi Offering Six-Month Online Certificate Course In Data Science And Machine Learning
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has announced that it has received over 5,000 bookings for the all- new Fortuner in India since its launch. Toyota has started deliveries of the new Fortuner and Legender to dealer partners across the country.
Sharing his views on reaching the milestone, Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, TKM, said, "We are humbled and touched by the continued faith of our loyal customers in brand Toyota. The sheer number of enquiries and bookings for both the Fortuner and Legender reiterate our belief in the customer-first approach. Both the SUVs were created purely based on customer feedback thus helping us garner a good response."
"We are working hard to ensure the quickest possible delivery time so that our customers can experience India's most admired SUV at the earliest. The New Year has begun on a very strong note for us and we are geared up to continue to delight our customers with ever-better products and our renowned after-sales service of global standards in 2021 as well," he further added.
Toyota launched the 2021 Fortuner facelift in the Indian market with a price tag ranging between Rs 29.98 lakh and Rs 37.48 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Apart from the facelift version, Toyota has also introduced the SUV's range-topping ‘Legender' version which is offered with a price tag of Rs 37.58 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Starting with the new Toyota Fortuner facelift model, the 2021 model now comes with updated LED projector headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, larger front grille with chrome surrounds, reworked front bumper with new housings for the fog lamps, new 18-inch alloy wheels and a sleeker set of LED tail lamps at the rear.
Inside, the new Fortuner facelift now feels more premium and comes packed with several new features and equipment. Some of the major updates inside include the new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, connected car technology, ventilated front seats, subtle revisions to the instrument cluster, 11-speaker JBL audio system, ambient lighting and a host of others.
The new Toyota Fortuner facelift will be offered in both petrol and diesel engine options. This includes the same 2.7-litre petrol and 2.8-litre diesel engine options. The petrol unit produces 166bhp and 245Nm of peak torque, paired with either a five-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission.
The diesel engine churns out 177bhp and 420Nm of torque when mated to the manual gearbox. However, it produces a higher 201bhp and 500Nm of peak torque (segment-best) when paired with the optional six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission unit.
Thoughts On The All-New Toyota Fortuner Facelift Bookings
The Toyota Fortuner is one of the best-selling SUVs in its segment, having been in the market since 2009. The new Toyota Fortuner facelift and the Legender version continue to build on the SUVs popularity and sell in good numbers. The 2021 Fortuner will go up against the likes of the MG Gloster and the Ford Endeavour in the Indian market.