- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 4 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 20 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 22 hrs ago Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- Sports IPL: Hardik will be motivated to show what he is capable of as a leader: Ahmedabad team mentor Kirsten
- Finance Jio To Complete 5G Coverage Plans For Top 1,000 Cities In Country
- Movies James Corden Offers Jacket To Dakota Johnson To Help Cover Her Dress, Actress Has A Hilarious Reaction
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela Sets New Sleepwear Street Style Trend
- News COVID: Germany's bars and restaurants in despair
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale: Up To 70% Off On Truly Wireless Earbuds In India
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Exponent Energy makes its official debut as a manufacturer of EVs and EV technology. For now, Exponent Energy has revealed its battery pack called E-Pack and its charging station called E-Pump.
Exponent Energy claims that the technologies used in making E-Pack & E-Pump can be adapted to function in an electric truck, car, auto, or even a two-wheeler. Electric Vehicles are now more commonplace than they were ever before. This is despite the fact that the EV industry is only growing and is nowhere close to its full potential.
One of the biggest deterrents to anyone choosing an EV over a petrol/diesel-powered vehicle is the time taken to charge up the batteries. EV technology has progressed at a rapid pace over the years. Manufacturers have explored new types of batteries, batteries have become lighter and range has increased. Even charging periods have reduced.
However, charging periods are not as low as one would like them to be. This is where Exponent Energy seems to have brought a big breakthrough. With E-Pack and E-Pump, Exponent energy claims to have a 15-minute charging period. Yes, you heard that right. According to the brand, charging the battery from 0-100 percent takes less than 15 minutes.
What makes the claim more substantial is that Exponent Energy says even large battery packs used in commercial vehicles can be charged up in less than 15 minutes. This is possible through the Flexible Energy Stack technology used by the brand. Exponent Energy claims to have used affordable Lithium-ion cells and is promising a 3,000 charge cycle warranty.
Exponent Energy is a Bangalore-based EV startup that aims to simplify EV manufacturing and technology. The founders of the brand are Arun Vinayak, who is the former CPO for Ather Energy, and Sanjay Byalal, former Hardware Strategic Sourcing & Cell Strategy Lead at Ather Energy. Well, safe to say, the co-founders of Exponent Energy certainly know what they are doing.
Arun Vinayak, Co-Founder of Exponent Energy was quoted as saying, "The Indian EV space has massive potential ($206 Bn cumulatively by 2030). But to get there, we need to simplify energy for EVs by solving crucial deep tech problems. A rapid charging solution agnostic of battery capacity, cell chemistry & the number of wheels on a vehicle is the first of many innovations that will unlock exponential scale for everyone".
Thoughts On Exponent Energy E-Pack & E-Pump Being Revealed
In an impatient world, spending hours while waiting for your EV to get charged is not very practical. This is the biggest reason for many to stay away from EVs. However, with Exponent Energy claiming a 0-100 percent charge in just 15 minutes, things might just change in the near future.