- 17 min ago BYD T3 Electric Cargo Van Spotted On Test In India — Pioneering EVs In The Cargo Van Segment
- 13 hrs ago Ampere EV Scooters Prices Drop By Rs 9,000 After FAME 2 Subsidy — Model-Wise Price List
- 13 hrs ago India’s Largest Solar Car Park In Pune Setup By Tata Motors: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Unveiled In India — India’s First Hybrid Scooter
- News Mother’s Love! This video of a hen fighting a snake to save her chicks is epic
- Movies RIP Milkha Singh: Farhan Akhtar, Akshay Kumar And Other Celebs Mourn Legendary Sprinter's Demise
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty Kundra Is Style And Elegance Personified In Her White Organza Saree With Printed Fancy Blouse
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Left Unchanged Today: Check Rates
- Technology Nothing 'Ear 1' TWS Earbuds Launch Delayed Till Late Summer
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Nation mourns the death of sprint legend
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
Maruti Suzuki has announced that they have sold over 2 lakh units via their online sales platform in the Indian market. The company announced that their digital channels now cover over 1000 dealerships across the country.
The recent 2 lakh units of online sales from Maruti Suzuki is said to be from April 2019. While Maruti Suzuki did start accepting online bookings from 2017, over the past couple of years, they have witnessed a five-fold increase in digital enquiries, which has allowed them to expand.
The company since April 2019 has managed to register 2 lakh units of sales and 21 lakh customer enquiries, accounting to 20% of the brand's total sales in the domestic market. Maruti Suzuki also stated that with the COVID-19 lockdown in India, over the past 5 months itself, their digital platform now contributes to over 33 per cent of the total enquiries.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,
"Nearly 95% of new car sales in India are digitally influenced as per the Google Auto Gear Shift India 2020 Report. Customers first research online and then buy at the physical dealerships. While online experience provides the complete spectrum of information to the customers, at the last mile the customers seek assurance of the deal from their trusted dealer advisors.
Interestingly, customers who enquire through our digital channel end up purchasing a car within 10 days. This reaffirms that with a robust online to offline platform executed by a digitally enabled salesforce, converting digital enquiries into sales becomes easier.
Since the introduction of this new digital channel in 2018, we have witnessed three times increase in digital enquiries and recorded sales of over 2 lakh units since April 2019. This digital channel has helped to generate over 21 lakh customer enquiries."
He further added, "We witnessed a two-fold increase in ‘Near Me' customer searches for Maruti Suzuki dealers. Our investment to create a hyper-local platform is to help customers discover faster and connect to their nearest dealers. This initiative has seen rapid growth in recent times. In the last 2 years, we have integrated over 1000 dealerships across 3000 online touchpoints in this digital transformation journey."
Maruti Suzuki also stated that they are also working on improving the digital marketing capabilities of their dealer partners across the country. The company is offering training to dealer partners on their online sales platform as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Online Sales Milestone
Maruti Suzuki has expanded their online sales platform exponentially in the Indian market. The company now offers an extensive number of options online, allowing their tech-savvy customers to book, customise and purchase their cars from the comfort of their homes.