- 1 hr ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 1 hr ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 17 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Sports India vs England, 4th Test: Day 3 Lunch update: Washington Sundar 96 propel hosts
- Technology How To Activate International Roaming Services On Vi Prepaid And Postpaid Packs
- Movies Mrunal Thakur Recalls Being Told She Can't Make It In Bollywood; 'They Said You Are Only Good For Television'
- Lifestyle Unmoda Launches Sustainable Period Underwear
- Finance Best Home Loans With The Cheapest Interest Rates Starting From 6.65%
- News Madhya Pradesh: President arrives in Jabalpur as part of two-day visit
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Maruti Suzuki has announced that they have sold over 2 lakh units via their online sales platform in the Indian market. The company announced that their digital channels now cover over 1000 dealerships across the country.
The recent 2 lakh units of online sales from Maruti Suzuki is said to be from April 2019. While Maruti Suzuki did start accepting online bookings from 2017, over the past couple of years, they have witnessed a five-fold increase in digital enquiries, which has allowed them to expand.
The company since April 2019 has managed to register 2 lakh units of sales and 21 lakh customer enquiries, accounting to 20% of the brand's total sales in the domestic market. Maruti Suzuki also stated that with the COVID-19 lockdown in India, over the past 5 months itself, their digital platform now contributes to over 33 per cent of the total enquiries.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,
"Nearly 95% of new car sales in India are digitally influenced as per the Google Auto Gear Shift India 2020 Report. Customers first research online and then buy at the physical dealerships. While online experience provides the complete spectrum of information to the customers, at the last mile the customers seek assurance of the deal from their trusted dealer advisors.
Interestingly, customers who enquire through our digital channel end up purchasing a car within 10 days. This reaffirms that with a robust online to offline platform executed by a digitally enabled salesforce, converting digital enquiries into sales becomes easier.
Since the introduction of this new digital channel in 2018, we have witnessed three times increase in digital enquiries and recorded sales of over 2 lakh units since April 2019. This digital channel has helped to generate over 21 lakh customer enquiries."
He further added, "We witnessed a two-fold increase in ‘Near Me' customer searches for Maruti Suzuki dealers. Our investment to create a hyper-local platform is to help customers discover faster and connect to their nearest dealers. This initiative has seen rapid growth in recent times. In the last 2 years, we have integrated over 1000 dealerships across 3000 online touchpoints in this digital transformation journey."
Maruti Suzuki also stated that they are also working on improving the digital marketing capabilities of their dealer partners across the country. The company is offering training to dealer partners on their online sales platform as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Online Sales Milestone
Maruti Suzuki has expanded their online sales platform exponentially in the Indian market. The company now offers an extensive number of options online, allowing their tech-savvy customers to book, customise and purchase their cars from the comfort of their homes.