- 11 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News Bank Jobs: Nainital Bank clerk vacancies announced; How to apply for 100 bank clerk jobs
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Land Rover has revealed its upgraded Range Rover Sentinel. The 2019 variant of the armoured SUV gets a 5-litre Supercharged V8 as compared to the 2015 model that was powered by a 3-litre V6.
Built by Range Rover's Special Vehicles Operations Division (SVO), the Sentinel has Six-Cell steel re-enforced armour plating, armoured glass, and roof blast protection. It also features an emergency escape system, and complies with the full V8 ballistics and blast certification. It can withstand 7.62mm armour piercing rounds, frag grenades, and IED's used in unconventional warfare. Further security include options for a front window that drops to 150mm, specifically for document delivery. It also features a public address system allowing occupants to stay within a secure environment. Sirens and strobe lights are offered as add-ons.
The suspension, chassis, and braking systems have also been tuned to perform with the added tonne of weight. The upgraded 5-litre Supercharged V8 draws 375bhp allowing the armoured SUV to 100kmph in 10.9 seconds, and a top speed of 193kmph. The new wheels feature a run-flat system that enable the beast to travel up to 50km, at 80kmph in situations where tires are flat, shot out, or damaged.
The new Sentinel gets more cabin space, more headroom, and also Land Rover's Touch Pro Duo Infotainment system with two 10-inch high-resolution touch screens.
The new Range Rover Sentinel will make its global debut at the Home Office Security and Policing show between the 5th and the 7th of March 2019, at Farnbrough, England.
Thought On The 2019 Range Rover Sentinel
While the Supercharged V8 engines draw 510bhp, the engine on the Range Rover Sentinel has been tuned to 375bhp to help pull the added tonne of weight without damaging the SUV. This is also why the top speed of the SUV has been locked at 193kmph.
General Trivia - The PMO uses the 2015 Range Rover Sentinel to ferry the PM around. However, at over 500,000 Euros in Europe, and about twice that price in India, we can't help but wonder if the PMO will invest in a couple of these beautiful beasts.