- 14 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu mocks exit polls, says most have gone wrong since 1999
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Movies Cannes 2019: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Shines Bright In A Metallic Yellow Gown On The Red Carpet!
- Technology Get Realme C2 in just Rs. 2000: Here are the details
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi Ups Her Cannes 2019 Fashion Closet With A Statement Floral Jumpsuit
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Land Rover has revealed its upgraded Range Rover Sentinel. The 2019 variant of the armoured SUV gets a 5-litre Supercharged V8 as compared to the 2015 model that was powered by a 3-litre V6.
Built by Range Rover's Special Vehicles Operations Division (SVO), the Sentinel has Six-Cell steel re-enforced armour plating, armoured glass, and roof blast protection. It also features an emergency escape system, and complies with the full V8 ballistics and blast certification. It can withstand 7.62mm armour piercing rounds, frag grenades, and IED's used in unconventional warfare. Further security include options for a front window that drops to 150mm, specifically for document delivery. It also features a public address system allowing occupants to stay within a secure environment. Sirens and strobe lights are offered as add-ons.
The suspension, chassis, and braking systems have also been tuned to perform with the added tonne of weight. The upgraded 5-litre Supercharged V8 draws 375bhp allowing the armoured SUV to 100kmph in 10.9 seconds, and a top speed of 193kmph. The new wheels feature a run-flat system that enable the beast to travel up to 50km, at 80kmph in situations where tires are flat, shot out, or damaged.
The new Sentinel gets more cabin space, more headroom, and also Land Rover's Touch Pro Duo Infotainment system with two 10-inch high-resolution touch screens.
The new Range Rover Sentinel will make its global debut at the Home Office Security and Policing show between the 5th and the 7th of March 2019, at Farnbrough, England.
Thought On The 2019 Range Rover Sentinel
While the Supercharged V8 engines draw 510bhp, the engine on the Range Rover Sentinel has been tuned to 375bhp to help pull the added tonne of weight without damaging the SUV. This is also why the top speed of the SUV has been locked at 193kmph.
General Trivia - The PMO uses the 2015 Range Rover Sentinel to ferry the PM around. However, at over 500,000 Euros in Europe, and about twice that price in India, we can't help but wonder if the PMO will invest in a couple of these beautiful beasts.