- 2 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Sports India vs Australia: Stoinis suffers side injury, in doubt for second ODI against India: Reports
- News Sushil Modi named as BJP candidate for Rajya Sabha by-election in Bihar
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Remembers The Day She Was Conferred The Padma Shri: Says It Gave Her Family Pride
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Since the last decade, CNG cars have grown in preference as a greener alternative for mobility. Owing to that, Maruti Suzuki introduced factory-fitted CNG Technology in India.
Maruti Suzuki is the first automobile company to introduce factory-fitted CNG Technology in India. This technology is commonly known as S-CNG provides superior performance and safety in every sense to the customers.
However, many car-buyers still have a fair amount of misconceptions in their minds about CNG cars. So, before you research and assess which is the best CNG car for you, these are few myths you need to dispel: -
MYTH - The driving experience of a CNG car isn't as good as a petrol/diesel car
FACT - Driving a company fitted CNG car is like driving any conventionally powered car. Since the integration is from the ground up, powertrain, chassis, suspension, and braking have been tuned and calibrated for optimum performance and drivability.
MYTH - CNG cars are unsafe
FACT - There is no danger with having pressurized gas tanks in the vehicle; CNG is stored in gas tanks with up to 200 psi pressure. When it comes to factory-fitted CNG cars, OEMs pay special attention to the components used in the tank. For instance, Maruti Suzuki S-CNG Technology employs ferrule joints and leak-proof design to ensure complete safety with the CNG system also S-CNG cars are tested for crash-worthiness with the CNG system in place.
MYTH - CNG cars have a limited range
FACT - Since CNG cars are mated to a petrol engine, the car directly switches over to petrol when the car runs out of CNG. Maruti Suzuki S-CNG Cars come with auto-switch, which makes it easy to switch between petrol and CNG. Hence, the range is no more an issue with CNG cars.
MYTH - CNG cars are high maintenance
FACT - Factory-fitted CNG cars like Maruti Suzuki's S-CNG cars are as simple to maintain as their petrol/diesel counterparts; periodic maintenance is all they need. If you have, for instance, bought an S-CNG car, you get access to a strong service network of 3500+ service centres across India. That means you will always find a Maruti Suzuki authorized service centre at an accessible distance.
Here are the Key Advantages of Factory-fitted S-CNG Cars
Cost: CNG or Compressed Natural Gas is less expensive than other conventional types of fuels. The cost of running S-CNG cars too is lesser compared to standard petrol or diesel cars in the market.
Eco-Friendly: S-CNG fueled vehicles produce fewer emissions, thus providing a cleaner solution to curb air pollution in large metro cities.
Safe: The leak-proof design and integrated wiring harness in S-CNG cars have been crash tested based on standard safety parameters, thus making S-CNG cars absolutely safe.
Most importantly, the number of CNG stations has grown rapidly over the years. With the Government planning to invest Rs. 70,000 crores to boost CNG infrastructure across the length and breadth of India, easy availability of CNG will be possible (1). This, in turn, will further boost the transition to factory-fitted CNG cars which are cleaner and greener to drive, offer superior performance and reliability, and great fuel efficiency as well.
Performance meets Safety with S-CNG? Please click here to know more.