- 2 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 4 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 4 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan Is One Of The Most Stylish Divas And Her Purple Dress Is A Proof
- News Citizenship Bill protest: Centre sends 5000 paramilitary forces in Northeast states
- Sports Virat Kohli's melting love message to Anushka on their second wedding anniversary
- Technology Tariff Hike Might Force Users Switch To Messaging Apps For Calls: Report
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Finance Bharti Airtel 3rd Top Performing Telecom Share In 2019 Globally
- Movies Taimur Ali Khan And Inaaya Naumi Kemmu Have Their Eyes On The Cake In This Fam-Jam Picture!
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Chinese auto giant Changan Automobiles has announced that it plans to make an entry in to the Indian markets. Changan Automobiles will be the third Chinese manufacturer to make its way to India, after SAIC and Great Wall Motor. Changan Automobiles is a government owned company.
According to Economic Times Auto, senior level officials from Changan Automobiles have been visiting India over the last few months, and have almost finalized most of its decisions regarding to its entry in India.
Sources go on to say that the Chinese company has hinted to local state governments that it intends to invest roughly Rs 4,000 crore In the country, over multiple phases. Changan Automobiles has already set up a liaison firm called Changan International Corporation, and has its registered office at Gurugram.
The Chinese company has hired Mr Sanjay G in order to speed up processes in the country. Mr G brings with him over 15 years of experience in the automobile industry with a career spanning across Honda Siel Cars, Toyota Kirloskar, Mahindra, Nissan, and Hyundai.
In addition, Changan Automobiles has signed a Memorandum of Association with Group Landmark. Group Landmark has interests in automobile dealerships and insurance, and will be involved with setting up dealerships and selling insurance for Changan's range of SUVs.
Changan is planning to form two companies in India. One company will be manufacturing and production specific, and the other will handle distribution, sales & services. Group Landmark will be involved with the distribution, sales & services part as they already have the largest network of brands including Mercedes Benz, Nissan, and FCA.
Group Landmark current has two verticals of its own - insurance and automotive retail. The company will set up a third vertical for the Changan joint venture.
Rumor has it that Changan Automobiles is in advance stage discussions with governments of the states of Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh to set up greenfield operations. The company intends to launch its first product in India by the end of 2022.
Thoughts About Changan Automobiles' India Plans
We're prepping for a Chinese invasion. SAIC and Great Wall Motor have already made an entry in to the Indian markets, and now we have a Chinese government owned auto manufacturer making an entry. We wonder what the Koreans think this.