- 10 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 11 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Uttarakhand police department has made it illegal to display political and/or other government positions on number plates or stickers on vehicles.
According to RushLane, the state police have removed faulty number plates of more than 4,805 vehicles. The initiative came into effect from May 2018. Since then, 5,649 vehicles has been penalised under this initiative.
Undertaken across all districts, a large number of two and four wheelers were found to have faulty number plates. 3,207 and 2,518 two and four wheelers respectively were found to have illegal plates. These plates had illegal seals and symbols.
Dehradun has the highest number of illegal number plates in the state. Out of which, 625 were two-wheelers and 446 four-wheelers.
The police department removed 407 number plates and issued challans to 1,245 vehicles. The police also seized 64 vehicles, with faulty number plates.
The police department conducted a 15-day campaign from the 1st May. During the campaign, they seized all illegal nameplates, seals, symbols and stickers.
Although a common practice, the state government prohibits the use of the department names and designation on private vehicles.
Thoughts On The Illegal Number Plate Bearing Government Positions
The addition of the governmental department names and designations has become a regular practice among most of them.
Although illegal, these fancy number plates are installed on private cars. The campaign started by the police will look to end such practices altogether.
Police have been issuing challans for a wide range of offences throughout the month of May. The most recent being the crackdown of modified silencers on two-wheelers.