- 22 min ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 3 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 5 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Movies Aadai Controversy: Police Case Filed Against Amala Paul For This Reason
- News Bengaluru to stay without Cauvery water supply on July 21 & 22
- Sports Comparing India’s World Cup performances in 2010s and 1990s: It’s chalk and cheese
- Finance Subsidy On EVs Will Be Offered For Commercial Vehicles Only: Govt
- Lifestyle YRF's Face App Tweet Reminds Us Of Preity Zinta's Gorgeous Suits In Veer Zaara
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
The Ford EcoSport is one of the most popular sub-four-metre compact-SUVs (crossover, to be precise) in India, and is sold in many foreign markets as well. Among them, North America is perhaps the most important market for the EcoSport. For the same reason, Ford US has come up with a new marketing move for the compact-crossover.
Introducing the EcoSpot — a dedicated parking spot for the 'most compact' compact-SUVs in North America. Why? Simply because it is that compact; in fact, more than its American competitors: Mini Countryman, Buick Encore, Mazda CX-3 and the Chevy Trax.
A 2017 report by INRIX (a company which specialises in connected car services and transportation analytics) states that New York City drivers spend an average of 107 hours each year searching for a parking spot. In Los Angeles and San Francisco, they spend close to 85 and 83 hours, respectively. If we take the entire United States, every driver spends close to 17 hours a year searching for a parking spot (suddenly Indian roads seem really appealing, right?).
Even if some drivers manage to find a fitting space, they are often unsure whether the car would actually fit there or would scrape the curb or car nearby. This leaves them with no other option than to search for the next parking spot.
Ford's EcoSpot concept is quite a good example of practical marketing. Furthermore, EcoSpot rhymes with EcoSport and also fits an EcoSport. It is often interesting to see brands thinking one step ahead to sell their products.
However, if EcoSpot was introduced in India, things could have backfired. The compact-SUV market in India is ruled by the Maruti Brezza and Tata Nexon, and both of them are shorter than the Ford EcoSport by a few millimetres.
Thoughts On Ford EcoSport 'EcoSpot'
The Ford EcoSport is a brilliant vehicle for the city. It is just the right size to tackle urban congestion, while still being adequately spacious on the inside. Most importantly, it is made to fit in an 'EcoSpot'. Still, chances of cars other than the EcoSport taking up EcoSpots are pretty high; thus supporting the above-mentioned INRIX report.